Some time ago I became intrigued at the thought of doing a Dano clone using a poly cutting board I found at a local home store. I liked the look of the plastic, and I figured it would be pre-finished and obviate the need for a PG. Here's the cutting board in question: Up close, the texture is nice and pebbly, with silver bits scattered throughout. I bought an extra board for experiments, figuring I'd need to so some research on how to cut, rout, shape, and (most importantly) glue it. Cutting? As expected, a bandsaw. Routing? As expected, the friction melted the plastic. Shaping? Files do okay; sandpaper is fairly useless. A cabinet scraper works best. Gluing? Well... That's what this next bit will be about. Turns out superglue is useless, epoxy is chancy, and even heating and melting it together is risky. So... screws! Sides are poplar. I began by making side patterns out of MDF. Once laid out on the poplar, it made pretty economical use of the wood. Trial and error taught me how deep my pilot holes should go into the underside of the cutting board; the plan was to countersink them deeply enough into the sides to allow me to cover the holes with more poplar, prior to gluing on the masonite back. Neck pocket and bridge anchors are mahogany; I should point out here that this won't be a faithful Dano shorthorn "copy;" I just like the basic body shape and the lipstick pups (straight, though, not slanted). For a bridge, I'm using one of those compensated units like early SGs had. More later. All of this took me about eight hours or so, spread out over the past several weeks.