1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Danny Gatton Documentary story in Washington Post

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Slim Chance, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Walden, DekeDog, maggieo and 2 others like this.
  2. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I may have to get that DVD. Danny was a master player, but the whole scene is very appropriately the focus of the video.

3. joealso

joealso Tele-Holic

Awesome! Thanks for posting. There's a good book about Danny if anyone's interested. Unfinished Business.

Just watched the trailer. I'm surprised they didn't mention Jimmy Thackery but maybe they do in the film.

4. Intubator

Intubator Tele-Holic

Bawlmer, MD- Home of the "Mayor Shuffle"...
    Unfortunately I never saw him live at the 8X10 in Federal Hill. But fortunately, many of my local friends in the neighborhood had seen him and tell me of the stories of his remarkable guitar playing. He was considered a local musician even though from DC due to the frequency he was playing in Bmore back in the day.
    The 8X10 bar was literally in an 8'X10' late 1700's brick row house with an 8X10 stage on Cross St near Charles st. Around 2002 the current owner bought the adjoining row house, removed the dividing wall, and doubled the space and renamed it the "Funkbox". Something happened with that owner and then it was renamed the 8X10 about twelve years ago. I live two blocks away from the joint and love the local musicians it still attracts.

5. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thanks for the tip-off!

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Ha ! I prefer the knitting needles in the ear sounds of Roy Buchanan !

(actually rarely listen to either , just thought I’d beat the rush. You mention one of those two and fanatics from the other side are sure to show up !)

Would be interested in the doc - he was an interesting cat

7. CupofJoe

CupofJoe TDPRI Member

I saw Gatton many times at a place on 18th street in DC that I can’t remember for sure but we called it the Roxy... super cool and Tom Principato was there too ... did the beer bottle slide thing which was cool ... went to see the show at the birchmere when they were putting together the movie about him but was kind of disappointed that it was more straight blues and not more of his more ambitious things.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.