1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Daniel Donato & El Grateful Dead

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Boxla, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

Well then, all that being said, I know you can somehow not only get The Dead, you could probably be converted to a lover of their music-just need the proper exposure door to walk through and American Beauty might not be it. Cornell 77 might be though? You may not love all of it but might like a lot of it. For what's it worth, I don't get Dylan either. I get what he's all about but I have never got the whole put on a pedestal thing about him. His lyrics are the exact opposite of Bob Marley's. Bob wrote and sang such simple timeless lyrics that even a kid or non native English speaking person could understand. I'm fairly fluent in English and I have no idea what Dylan is talking about. But Jerry and the boys absolutely loved and love Dylan. They do a lot of covers and even toured with him although by all accounts Dylan was a mess to play with. I figured you'd have some special place for reggae being an English guy. It may not be your cup of tea but you get it and I assume can appreciate it. To my ears a lot of the Dead's music is almost straight up reggae. The vibe is there on many songs. So I'm not a Dylan fan at all but I am a huge Willie Nelson fan. Can't stand Dylan's voice, at least the last 20 year version of his voice but I absolutely love Willie's voice.
    I'll leave you with two of my favorites, we even get two UK references! First one, Ramble on Rose is damn near reggae to my ears

I guess one more for the road. can't beat Althea. If a music lover, especially a guitar player can't enjoy this, then...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.