Dangerous knuckleheads drivers in your locale are usually driving what ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 18, 2021.

1. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No idea what it is, but every morning for the past three weeks I've met a car coming at me on the highway with one headlight, no taillights, and the emergency flashers going. It's pitch dark when I go to work, so that thing is very noticeable.

2. h4ck.b0x7

h4ck.b0x7 Tele-Afflicted

0A36C314-F0F4-4B1D-B987-751732931F79.jpeg

carpenter, Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

Prius, Tesla

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

I'm more concerned about texting while driving than a specific brand or model of vehicle.

5. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Poster Extraordinaire

Those stickers are a very reliable way to tell who's never read a comic book before.

Moriarty likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It seems to have gone out of fashion now, but for a while they were riding dirt bikes and driving golf carts on the sidewalks. The pedestrians had best keep their eyes and ears at alert, and be ready to hop like a jack rabbit!

7. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Poster Extraordinaire

This is a good thing to consider. To avoid falling into the road rage trap myself, I try to keep in mind that for every careless moron weaving in and out without regard for the safety of those around them, there are all the rest of the drivers driving safe. The fight-or-flight response kicks on when Moron cuts us off with no signal, causing our hunter vigilance to hone in on the moron, and not on the full context. As moron keeps moroning, our hyperfocused brains start to think of all the horrible things we'd like to see happen to the moron. Road rage takes over, and we've become the very problem we're trying to stop.

drlucky, Timbresmith1 and imwjl like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Do you have any idea why someone would put something like that anywhere on their vehicle. Whatever it is it's wasted on me, because I don't know if they are making a statement, or are just stupid. (wait, maybe it's the same thing)

9. imwjl

imwjl Doctor of Teleocity

Yes. Being mindful of cognitive biases is really important and powerful.

Whatizitman likes this.
  10. etype

etype Tele-Afflicted

More than 1/2 of them are driving Dodge Challengers. And it is not just the % that is high, but of the most dangerous driving I see out there, it is closer to 80%. My closest call, I was in the middle of three lanes on I-635 at 10am on a Saturday (probably doing 70mph) when one came up on my left at about 100mph and swerved in front of me (missing me by maybe 2') and across the right lane to get to an exit.

The super big pickup trucks tend to go fast and tailgate, but I don't see them swerving so much. BMWs and Vettes seem to be somewhere in between. Funny thing, a fair number of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches around, but they tend to only show off in small bursts, usually off red lights.

11. NC E30

NC E30 Tele-Meister

Mostly Chargers and Altimas here, always weaving through traffic without regard for personal space.

12. Toto'sDad

I hope I'm not too late, but while I have the opportunity, I'd just like to say so long. :D

Killing Floor likes this.
  13. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm a geezer at 67.12 yrs

But around here I'm talking about geezers that shouldn't be driving: the Mr Magoo type drriving at 8 mph etc etc. Causing havoc in their wake and directly too.

It used to be you could spot them and be proactive cautious bc they're driving Buicks and such,

but now they're in suv's, sportier cars and whatever.
    Diamond Rio's too..

:)

14. Toto'sDad

The statement made at the end of the video tells it all. Tell me one more time how things are better now than they were twenty five years ago.

h4ck.b0x7 likes this.
  15. Silent Otto

Silent Otto Tele-Holic

cars, trucks and suv's

16. bebenavole

bebenavole Tele-Meister

BMW

WalthamMoosical and MisterZ like this.
  17. Whatizitman

To their benefit, patrolling highways in the traditional sense is not really the best use of their physical presence. Costs of harm to both law enforcement and civilians far outweighs the actual governance of speeds. There are far better ways to patrol for speeds. Downside of course is that where it's not actually happening, we have seen an increase of speeding and dangerous driving. At least that's been my observation.

I will soon get a toll bill from my North East roadtrip a couple of weeks ago. It would be just as easy for law enforcement to send me a ticket and/or court hearing from satellite patrolling, or whatever they actually have and currently use.

There are other reasons for reduced traffic stops, however. Many states are revisiting traffic stops to cut down use of 'pretext' excuses for searching and arrests. Imagine the reduced danger to both law enforcement and civilians as a result. I don't need to say which groups of civilians are disproportionately targeted. The numbers speak for themselves on that.

drlucky likes this.
  18. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Afflicted

The ones that go 5-10 under and bottleneck anyone from going by vary.

The ones that punch it up to 20-30 over when they can finally squeeze by the bottleneckers vary.

Seems like there's a middle ground that could be reached with these 2 opposing personalities.

Blackmore Fan likes this.
  19. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Afflicted

Came here to say this. Also BIG pickups - not Frontiers or Tacos, but jacked-up F150s, Titans, Tundras, and Rams.

Rowdyman likes this.
  20. Whatizitman

Yes. I have lots of ideas. None of them are forum approved.

jman72, AlfaNovember, drlucky and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.