Dangerous knuckleheads drivers in your locale are usually driving what ?

beagle

Poster Extraordinaire
Around here the braindead slide their tiny 1200cc hatchbacks with big bore exhausts and 5000 watt sub woofers sideways four times around every traffic island.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Here ?

Chargers/Challengers.

10/1 over any other make.

And, if it’s on the freeway ? Probably a third of them are chasing some other dangerous, unskilled waste of skin driving a - you guessed it - Moparmobile.

What about where YOU live ?

It varies, but I'd have to say the majority of idiotic moves are made by Mercedes drivers. It's pure arrogance. I'm not sure if it's the false sense of entitlement that one thinks they have from driving a luxury brand or what, but that appears to be it. I have a nice car, a 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD, fully loaded and I drive the way one is supposed to. I'm courteous. There's no race, and I'm not out to prove anything.

Ya, the drivers of Chargers and many high octane cars, including Mercedes AMG's like to drive three times the speed limit on residential streets. I've seen two cats get killed on my street from people who don't live in my area but use my street as a short cut. They speed up or down the street and run stop signs. We have a lot of young families with kids on our street. A couple of years ago I tried - to no avail - to get speed bumps installed. I knocked on every door, but I was unable to get the requisite 80% of residents to sign. Most signed, but quite a few just never answered the door or simply weren't home.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
*insert list of every car model*

Around here, it's everybody but me. Literally. I'm ALWAYS the only person not doing 15+ over the speed limit. Doesn't matter what make or model vehicle.

They're all equal offenders.

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Small Chevrolet sedans. There are numerous other stereotypical luxobarge drivers with bad habits but if someone is tailgating or swapping lanes in a futile attempt to get ahead, it’s usually a small Chevy around here.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Last night when we were out walking, some people were so rude. They were driving abreast on the four lane surface street and a German Sports car came roaring up behind them and the driver had nowhere to go. I had no idea sports cars had a horn that loud! Fortunately the fourteen inch rotors were sufficient to slow the car enough that one of the cars gave way, giving the driver room to pass between them.

drlucky

Tele-Holic
@bgmacaw Thanks for the explanation...just one of those things that doesn't seem to translate over here I guess. You'd have to be careful not to accelerate hard in a diesel truck to avoid being accused of rolling coal. Though the more recent diesel cars I've had rarely show much smoke at all, so I wonder if it's a deliberate mod to the car/truck to make it do that?

I've got a couple of friends with hybrid or fully electric cars so I'll have to ask them whether they've had any problems.

Bottom line though; however wound up the other driver makes you it's better not to get out and confront them since you never know what they might be carrying (plus I'm pretty small as well :D).
There are actually fart for brains diesel truck guys around here who modify their trucks to make it easier to "roll coal". I understand diesel mechanics LOVE these guys, as it's hard on the engine...

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There are actually fart for brains diesel truck guys around here who modify their trucks to make it easier to "roll coal". I understand diesel mechanics LOVE these guys, as it's hard on the engine...

I saw that happen near a shopping center about four miles from my house. My wife and I were at a traffic light, and the left arrow traffic was moving when a guy in a Ram diesel stopped in the intersection, the little Toyota being driven behind him by an elderly white haired couple stopped, and while they were stopped this big tough MANLY MAN covered the old couple's car with a huge cloud of diesel smoke. There is no way this could have been accomplished without some sort of device on the truck.