Dangerous knuckleheads drivers in your locale are usually driving what ?

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Since I've been having to go into the office a couple of times a week now, I'm really appreciating the driver assist features on my new Ranger. That's things like lane keeping, blind spot monitoring, forward distance monitoring, pre-collision warning and automatic braking, cross traffic warnings and so forth. These features make my drive on suburban Atlanta "stroads" a bit less stressful although dummies are still abundant.

O- Fender

Friend of Leo's
Around here:

Between 7am and 6pm, it's pickup trucks with some kind of sign on the door. Sometimes hauling a trailer. Speeding, following too close and the inability to understand how 4-way stops work. I guess "I'm a workin' man" means you are immune to rules and courtesy.

Evenings and weekends, it's those driving statusmobiles. it doesn't matter how fast you are going, they have to pass you. Sometimes it means they pass you and then drive slower than you.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Cars with red and blue flashlights on top

Lol... people speed up the road behind where I am living, despite a 25 mph limit and massive speed humps every few hundred yards. It practically a driveway, not a road. Used to just be a back entrance road before they added a neighborhood at the end.

Almost seems like they're trying to see how fast the can go to despite the speed humps. Disturbs the quiet, endangers walkers, bikers, etc.

Usually I think to myself "cops should sit out there and ticket the worst". Yesterday I hear one roaring between bumps. Look out the porch... it's a local cop. Didn't have the kind of hustle indicating he was on a call... just being a dick like the other hee-haws.

Boxla

Tele-Holic
Real percentages? Or overrepresentation? In some areas Subarus are extremely popular.

Oh yeah. Overrepresentation. Google that one, Mr. Science McSciencey Guy. Nyah.

Oh no these are real percentages. I told you I just completed a 20 year study. It'll be published by the end of the year. And you are kind of correct, but unfortunately, Subarus are popular in all areas not just some. What does that say about our population. That's why it was easier to identify that 9 out of 10 drivers of them are terrible drivers. The worst drivers on the road, generally speaking, drive Subarus. Someone told they have a moron test at a Subaru dealerships and you have to pass it on order to buy one. I'm assuming it's true. Especially now seeing that there are 3 Subarus listed below in the moron list. 3 out of the top 5, that aligns with my study.

Great thread. So far, it had affirmed my own grousing perceptions on the matter; the worst are german cars, pickups, and wanna-be U.S. muscle cars. Turns out I was wrong.

Here's the reality, if you consider at-fault accidents:
https://insurify.com/insights/car-models-with-the-most-accidents-2020/
car-modelsaccidents-2020-1.png

sk25

Tele-Meister
There are different kinds of dangerous driver here.

1) The dangerous driver that hits the gas and zooms off when everyone else is going the speed of traffic, passing people without signaling, etc. are usually driving a luxury car like a Lexus or a Mercedes, sometimes an Infiniti or Acura or some sort, and usually spotless. Strangely enough, I never see BMWs doing this.

2) The dangerous driver that gets impatient when traffic is going slow and starts weaving in and out, driving over curbs to go around, crowding people at medians by driving right up beside them even though there isn't any room for two cars and generally being a complete...a...word... to other drivers in traffic and in parking lots are always, always, ALWAYS pickup trucks. Usually less than five years old, almost always with larger than stock tires, bull bars, a winch, sometimes with eighteen wheeler style exhaust pipes sticking up behind the cab, sometimes with a snorkel coming up from the engine, and almost always with stickers on the back window either showing off a brand name or bragging about how country or southern the driver is. Sometimes the truck is a beat up old thing from thirty years ago, but it'll still at least have a lift kit.

koen

Friend of Leo's
Knucklehead drivers come in all shapes, sizes and brands. But I have just completed a 20 year study and the worst, most clueless and absent minded drivers are behind the wheel of a Subaru. I don't know what it is about that brand but, no matter if it's a male or female driving it, they will be a bad driver 9 out of 10 times. It's the highest of any brand.

Subie drivers are just chill and like to take it easy and stay out of the way of the real knuckleheads who think they are more important than any one else :cool:

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh no these are real percentages. I told you I just completed a 20 year study. It'll be published by the end of the year. And you are kind of correct, but unfortunately, Subarus are popular in all areas not just some. What does that say about our population. That's why it was easier to identify that 9 out of 10 drivers of them are terrible drivers. The worst drivers on the road, generally speaking, drive Subarus. Someone told they have a moron test at a Subaru dealerships and you have to pass it on order to buy one. I'm assuming it's true. Especially now seeing that there are 3 Subarus listed below in the moron list. 3 out of the top 5, that aligns with my study.

I’m not a Subaru owner. But I know that one of their biggest marketing points is that they are safe. The numbers on that link are drivers with prior MVAs on their records. Did your “study” control for the possibility that the Subaru owners specifically bought Subarus after an accident, based on increased desire for safety? I would think that even at fault drivers who want to be safe could not necessarily be labeled as careless, dangerous, a**holes. I’m personally more worried about the folks who buy full size SUVs and trucks “to be safe”. Subarus fit neither of those categories. Just sayin’.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I’m in Memphis and it’s definitely Chargers & Challengers. Some of those knuckleheads actually blocked off a well traveled section of the interstate loop and we’re doing donuts. It was only for a few minutes, but dang! A week ago they were doing that near a residential area for almost an hour. No po-pos in sight even though the police station was only a few blocks away. I would venture to say the drivers were well armed and the police wanted to avoid a shootout. The city is putting up speed bumps all over the place to curb some of that dumb-assery and it’s having a little success.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This dangerous knucklehead drives a Challenger...OH NO!!!!

nyRriOhl.jpg

PtnGhnzl.jpg

SmG8vz6l.jpg

You gonna shake your fist and yell at me now?

No, just drive really really slow in my Lexus Camry in front of you. Because I know you wouldn’t tailgate me when I’m in my rusty F150. Then again maybe you would? I don’t know.

The only thing that I can come up with on the charger/Challenger thing is they have to be incredibly cheap/inexpensive right?
Because if they got anywhere close to the cost of one of the new Corvettes , well , wouldn’t you… You know… Kind of go for the one that has a good chassis and motor ? (Asking for a friend…)

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
Memphis TN has a LOT of bad drivers, all types of vehicles, big pickups, SUVs, Chargers and Challengers playing Fast and Furious, you never know, Sentras and other small cars that should be aware how bad it will be if they are in a wreck but they don't care!
I drive for work a big Transit van , it's as if I have a "pull in front of me" sign on my vehicle.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I can't believe that someone who drove a million miles ( me!) before becoming an Uber driver in 2016 ( I have always had jobs than involved a lot of driving, loved it!) is becoming afraid to drive, because of unsafe & lawless behavior.

I'm bummed ( and I know this was my choice, what I decided to do- play gigs, drive Uber) as now I'm constantly afraid to do my job

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
I posted earlier about my gripes
But one more please

I swear there are some roads and highways around here in Northern Virginia and in Maryland where it doesn't matter how fast I'm going, it is never fast enough for the guy that is on my a**, behind me
And I will be in the right lane- I'm absolutely sick of it

I hear you. Just stick to your guns (metaphorically) and do your own thing. It helps me to remember that these people are either: unsatisfied with their lives and are miserable; pissed off with themselves that they didn't leave home earlier; uncompassionate and have no empathy; totally selfish, etc.

Whatever, they lose.

NightOwl

Tele-Holic
Where I used to live, Dodge trucks 95% of the time. Where I live now, anything. Everyone is in a hurry here. They also don't know what an exhaust without a big hole in it sounds like. At least you can hear them coming.