Dangerous knuckleheads drivers in your locale are usually driving what ?

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Motorcycles. The state of Florida has memorial markers that can be placed at the site of traffic fatalities, and I can count at last a half dozen of them that mark motorcycle rider deaths within three miles of my house. I frequently have to contend with idiot motorcyclists in heavy traffic on Highway 41, and I just say. “That’s OK, buddy, have fun. You’ve probably only got 30 days to live.”

e23589

Tele-Meister
I live in an agricultural area so it starts with,

Farm workers running stop signs!
Trucks hauling ag products running stop signs!
Farm Workers racing to the store after after work to get beer so they can gather under the tree on the canal and get drunk before they drive home!

Doctor of Teleocity
Doesn’t matter, nothing is done about it anymore. It will continue to get worse. Society has been begging for it for so long that it has finally gotten what it deserves. Every man for himself.

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Broward County: Pickup trucks. HUGE-ass pickup trucks.

Miami-Dade County: Exoticars. Ferrari 458’s. Lamborghinis. Occasional McLarens.

My old company’s office used to be located near Perfomance Imports on Biscayne Blvd. I’ve seen rich jerks marry a Lamborghini to a Royal Palm in the Biscayne Blvd. median, go back to the dealership, write another ridiculously huge check, and fishtail out of their parking lot to drive like an imbecile again.

Burn Yesterday

Tele-Meister
I've been watching this for almost 50 years. In the mid-Seventies I had a standing bet with anyone who would take it that we could go to any parking lot, and the percentage of Oldsmobiles that were taking/disabling two spaces would be at least three times their market share.

Pickup trucks are largely a'holes because the whole purpose of having a pickup truck is to facilitate being an a'hole. In the '80s and '90s I had a scoring system: If you needed a truck for your personal transporation, you were 33% psycho. If it was black you were 66% psycho, and if it was a black Ford truck you were 100% psycho. It was a reliable metric.

New this last year or two is psychos in black sedans. It's a little subtle for the a'hole community but it exists. Watch for it.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
Here ?

Chargers/Challengers.

10/1 over any other make.

And, if it’s on the freeway ? Probably a third of them are chasing some other dangerous, unskilled waste of skin driving a - you guessed it - Moparmobile.

What about where YOU live ?

I've not witnessed a single Mopar product being driven the manner you describe.

I run into a lot more problems with minivans and the lower-trim levels of SUVs. These are typically occupying the "fast" lane of the interstate and barely keeping speed--creating a traffic bottleneck that makes other drivers impatient.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
I’m 5 under in the neighborhoods.
But please puh-leez get out of my way on the expressway. The reason they call it the fast lane and the passing lane should be obvious. If you want to go speed limit in the left lane you need to take the bus and stop causing traffic congestion.

Exactly.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
It's not actually called the fast lane, and "fast lane" is not the same thing as "passing lane". And the speed limit IS the speed limit.

Experts who study highway traffic for a living recommend that speed limits be raised on when their studies determine that a certain threshold of traffic for specific stretches doesn't comply with the posted limits.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t drive recklessly in traffic but I do drive as fast as I can get away with away from congestion.

Agreed. My dad is a staunch law-abiding citizen in the things that mattered, but when he was teaching me to drive over and over he would admonish me "Get some distance between them (pointing at a vehicle nearby)--they might make a mistake and you don't want to be part of it."

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
This dangerous knucklehead drives a Challenger...OH NO!!!!

nyRriOhl.jpg

PtnGhnzl.jpg

SmG8vz6l.jpg

You gonna shake your fist and yell at me now?

Wow, what a beautiful car! I've wanted one of those for the last 5 years.

rz350

Friend of Leo's
Subaru and Harley Davidson, I've (literally) passed hundreds of those makes going 5 to 24 under the limit in my minivan, which I must say if I'm going under the limit it means I'm having a bad medical issue...

if I'm on my motorcycle I will pass a slow moving herd of Harley's at around 130-150 mph, I don't care how slow they go, I just want to get around them safely and do the speed limit....