1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Danelectro Pride of Texas

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Jack S, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

I haven't seen anyone post about this pedal and I think it is part of a fairly new series from Danelectro called the Billionaire series.

I came across this pedal while checking things out from Andy at Proguitars:

I was definitely drawn to the sounds from this clip. I had been unhappy with Danelectro because I had a Tremolo pedal the gave up the ghost and did not plan on getting any more Danelectro pedals, but I loved the sound of this Pride of Texas so I picked one up. I have only played with it so far a little at home since getting it a couple of days ago, but will give it a serious tryout with the band at rehearsal tomorrow.

I think it is the best sounding overdrive I have personally tried, although I have not tried out a large number of dirt pedals. So far, it has hit a spot I was trying to hear in my head and it sounds very good stacking from my OCD into it, as well.

If anyone else has checked it out what was your take on it?

2. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Glad you are enjoying that one. I haven't tried it. But I did try the rotary pedal (which appears to have two names, or undergone a name change). My GC had one in stock, so I gave it a "whirl", but that one was not very good.

BTW, I never go by videos from Andy, or from Pete Thorn. They can make a garbage pail sound like a 69 Plexi :)

ftbtx likes this.
  3. Zecsson

Zecsson TDPRI Member

Did you tried a pedal with a band? How does it sounds?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.