1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 3fngrs, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

I've been eyeing tremolos for a while now. I'm just wondering if these are decent?

2. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Afflicted

Yes. I love Danelectro pedals. I want a shift Daddy.

[​IMG]

3fngrs likes this.
  3. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

What is that? Like a whammy?

4. Donny Osmond fan

No, it is a wah-like pedal that gives you Elvis rockabilly sounds. And since Elvis is my favorite singer of all time and the first singer I have remembered ever hearing. I want one.

5. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

I'll check out a demo during lunch.

6. Donny Osmond fan

They were blown out in a cool cheap price at Guitar Center years ago. But sadly with guitars in the house, I was not into guitar as much back then as I am now. I missed out on some great gear. Rondo music, Danelectro etc...

7. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Just checked out a demo. It's cool. I have a delay, reverb and Gretsch with a Bigsby so I don't think I need one but it is sort of "rockabilly in a box".

8. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

I had a Cool Cat tremolo and thought it sounded great, also had one of wah that was a cheap piece of junk plastic and didn’t work well. The Cool Cat series seem to be well built metal case and IIRC full size components not miniature.

3fngrs likes this.
  9. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I had one for a bit. It was nice if you can deal with the knob placement. Very basic, sounded nice, but mine died within days of buying it new. I returned it but never replaced it...not really a tremolo guy anyway.

10. johnhe

johnhe Tele-Meister

I liked mine ok, but I always found it hard to operate the footswitch unless the pedal was right at the front of my pedalboard. That was a problem, because I wanted my chorus delay and trem on the back row - but you would have needed really sharp toed boots to get at the switch!! And the knobs are impossible to see on stage (or anywhere). But still a really nice sounding pedal. The Joyo tremolo is also a lovely sounding pedal without those drawbacks.

But a used Boss is a better buy in my opinion - plentiful on the used market and you can always flip it for what you paid if you want a change.

11. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Tele-Holic

I have Cool Cat Tremolo on my main board. It sounds great (it's an opto-based unit - my favourite type), is housed in a metal enclosure, and has true bypass. The controls are a bit fiddly and hard to reach, but least they won't get kicked accidentally. I tend to set and forget anyway.

12. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

I've had my Cool Cat trem on my board for a couple years, now. Great, old-school sounds, true-bypass, and build quite well.
    I think it's as good or better than many higher priced units.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.