1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Danelectro Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by vintage clubber, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Tele-Holic

I love this thing...

[​IMG]

JasonG and mimmo like this.
  2. brunel

brunel TDPRI Member

Hello, I've had my Danoelectro 59NOS for a couple of years now, for open D/E slide playing. I've noticed that the tone control doesn't do much, the tone is either on or off. The result is the guitar is a little on the harsh side. Is there a way to mod this? I play with a metal slide, and I'm getting a lot of crackles when the slide touches the strings. Not sure what this is? Finally, has anyone put flatwounds on their Dano? What was the tone and play-ability like?

3. santos

santos TDPRI Member

Yes, I've had flatwounds on my 59 since I bought it s/h in 2006. The tone is noticeably drier, even unplugged, and flats do have a much softer feel when fretting. You get a little less sustain but a woodier, chanky, slightly darker tone. I'm playing soul and funk mostly and flats work great for that on a Dano. D'Addario Chromes are the ones I use and they last for years.

There's not many clips of my Dano on the net but I found one from a tour in Greece a few years back. I'm in the back left corner and I'd had the same set of D'Addarios on there for about 8 years at that point...

JasonG and MadJack like this.
  4. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Rare sighting of a Danelectro Longhorn bass and pretty worn/reliced. 1971! :cool:

5. Cedarburger

Cedarburger Tele-Meister

Question: I see used Danos for same price as new or more than new in my market. Can anyone tell me why?

I've never even seen one in person, but am interested in getting one. TIA!

6. Cedarburger

Cedarburger Tele-Meister

That bass line is awesome!

7. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

You don't say what amp(s) you are using or what kind of music you play. If I found the tones too spiky, I'd try to manage that with the amp. Also, heavy strings and a good glass slide- a Diamond Bottleneck, for example- will warm up your sound. Luckily, a decent bottleneck is £20 and strings are £7-8. Fun experiments!

8. blackspider57

blackspider57 Tele-Meister

A brand new member of "The Club". Both are really fantastic guitars. Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 7.44.59 PM.png

Flaneur, Strat Jacket and mimmo like this.
  9. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.