Danelectro Billionaire Big Spender

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Straydogger, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

I just got one of these as a birthday gift. Pretty cool little pedal. It's going to replace my TC Electronic Viscous Vibe that had the on/off switch break. True bypass and has a "ramp" feature that allows it to speed up or slow down by stomping the "Ramp" switch. I'm gonna give it a good test tomorrow. Should be interesting.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amp...pinning-speaker-effects-pedal/k48311000000000

Fearnot likes this.
  2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

I was watching this and the Money Laundry (unsure if they're even different?) On Reverb. They seem like great pedals, probably "worth" double what they sell for.

Let us know how it goes testing it thoroughly.

Straydogger likes this.
  3. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

Why not fix the switch on the TC pedal? Even if it board mounted. Pretty easy fix. Just curious. But I do know new gear is a plus as well.

4. GoKart Mozart

GoKart Mozart Tele-Meister

I snagged a used Big Spender at a local shop for $29.99. No complaints at all. Metal housing, ramp feature, what’s not to like?

Straydogger likes this.
  5. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

I tried that but didn't want to dig in that far. Seems they have there own type of switch. When you push it down it presses on a button inside the pedal. I just took the switch out of the hole and use a toothpick to reach inside to turn it on/off. Not good for a live situation but OK for recording. The new Big Spender has the "ramp" feature that is pretty cool. Step on the switch and it ramps up/down the spinning speed like a Leslie. I think it sounds more like a Leslie than the Viscous too. The Viscous can now be torn apart and "fixed"...for better or worse. :)

6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity

I love the Pride of Texas

Straydogger likes this.
  7. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Holic

I checked it out on Youtube. Looks like it could be a good one too.

8. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

Well there ya go. I listened to reviews of the TC and although I do have a few TC pedals, I was not as impressed with the Viscous Vibe. I still want their phaser though. Hope it works out for you.

Straydogger likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.