1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Danelectro 12 string owners?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by naomimoan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. naomimoan

naomimoan TDPRI Member

Anyone have an idea of what the factory string gauge is?

I've owned one for about 5 years & I love it- Intonation & action is so spot on that I'm still on the factory strings.

It's time though- I would like to keep the same gauge on it that came from the factory so I don't eff anything up...

Thanks,

crazydave911 likes this.
  2. basher

basher Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I put Webstrings light gauge (.010-.046) on mine; they felt pretty similar to what was on the guitar when I bought it.

JuneauMike and naomimoan like this.
  3. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I changed my strings immediately after receiving it and it doesn't look like the Danelectro website is much help in this regard.

But I did the same as @basher, D'addario 10-46s and it worked fine, and they felt very much like the strings it came with. But, of course, that's just "feels" and not an accurate comparison. Mine has an aluminum nut and metal saddles so the slots are already pretty generous. I may use flat wounds someday just to kinda capture the vintage vibe, but those are crazy expensive and I don't play it very often as it is.

basher likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.