Dale Watson’s amp?!

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I have a Mustang 4 2X12 that I'm trying to sell. I find it uninspiring. It just didn't have any spark, for me.

thats what I’ve kinda gathered. Decent for a little bedroom amp. But never thought it would hold its own on a stage. Obviously he’s got it through the mic. But still. Actually sounds halfway decent. A lot better than I expected seeing it on stage before they walked on

paulblackford

Tele-Afflicted
thats what I’ve kinda gathered. Decent for a little bedroom amp. But never thought it would hold its own on a stage. Obviously he’s got it through the mic. But still. Actually sounds halfway decent. A lot better than I expected seeing it on stage before they walked on

Yeah, the best thing about it was being able to play, with full gain saturation, while the amp was barely audible. I could keep it super quiet while ripping, and listening to the news on the television at normal volume. Other than that..meh. I did like having the expression pedal with it, as you could set it to all kinds of different parameters. It could function as wah, or volume, but you could also set it for trem and vibratone speeds, gain levels...just about anything depending on how you programmed one of the 100 presets. That was cool.

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
Saw him 3-4 years ago at a small venue. Great show! Wish I hadn't drank so much, I barely remember meeting him.

Lone Star, brightens smiles.

Last edited:

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
I was looking at the Mustangs a while ago. There’s info out there about dialing different cab, sag and bias settings.I think the in the blues guys had somebody that saved a bunch of his settings.

Slim crowd in a nice venue for Dale there.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
For a touring musician, if it gives you the tones you want, it's a great amp. Cheap and replaceable if something happens.
Dale's a hell of a picker, with a solid band and I cant remember his pedal steel player, but he's fantastic

yea. Mr. Yoakam was always a bucket list guy to see live. Saw him back in April with Tennessee Jet (solid act too). Dale wasn’t planned. Just looking at venues and what was goin on this weekend. I guess he always plays the Continental on Monday's when he’s in town. But for $10 cover. Who wouldn’t see him! Hell of a lot cheaper than Dwight was. Lol.

old soul

Tele-Holic
yea. Mr. Yoakam was always a bucket list guy to see live. Saw him back in April with Tennessee Jet (solid act too). Dale wasn’t planned. Just looking at venues and what was goin on this weekend. I guess he always plays the Continental on Monday's when he’s in town. But for $10 cover. Who wouldn’t see him! Hell of a lot cheaper than Dwight was. Lol.
Nice! I saw dwight in maybe '96. They absolutely tore it up! Pete was still playing with him.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Nice! I saw dwight in maybe '96. They absolutely tore it up! Pete was still playing with him.

yea. I forget his new guys name. Eugene I think. Young (I say that. He’s probably got a couple years on me lol) But a solid player. I was actually really impressed. Knew when to step into the light and when to step back and give it to Dwight. Knew how to keep the audience involved.

but I was truly impressed. I heard horror stories about Dwight being drunk and slurring words. Naa. Nearly 3 hour set. Very very minimal breaks. Wasn’t as showy as he used to be. But age will do that.
5D38E2B4-9F5C-464C-9FFC-7A262CB4CD3F.jpeg
6A87140C-C1AE-4EB7-8CD7-CB3973256E58.jpeg