Daft Punk breaks up

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I had never heard of Daft Punk until a few years ago, when one of my Special Needs students did a painting for art class titled Daft Punk Random Access Memories.....apparently one of their recordings. I established a connection with this student through his music preferences (he had definite emotional problems, as well as learning disabilities) When he found out I was also a musician, he began bringing me examples of songs he liked almost every day. He later gave me that painting of Daft Punk.....and it's in my music/computer room to this day.
It's been three or four years ago.....I hope he's not too upset by this news. :(

BorderRadio

Doctor of Teleocity
I had never heard of Daft Punk until a few years ago, when one of my Special Needs students did a painting for art class titled Daft Punk Random Access Memories.....apparently one of their recordings. I established a connection with this student through his music preferences (he had definite emotional problems, as well as learning disabilities) When he found out I was also a musician, he began bringing me examples of songs he liked almost every day. He later gave me that painting of Daft Punk.....and it's in my music/computer room to this day.
It's been three or four years ago.....I hope he's not too upset by this news. :(

That's the only album I never bought or got into. I can't separate "Get Lucky" from certain parts of my life, thanks constant exposure! But I know it's a Daft Punk album and I'll give it a spin, especially some Giorgio by Moroder, that track just HAS to be good, no?

There's a lot of story there, NJH. I'm sure the kid is ok, I hope. Daft Punk is a gateway...uh..drug. I was crazy about Homework when it came out, and followed loosely as they became folded into pop culture. If the kid is like the rest of us, I'm sure he found something great to replace the lack of any new DP albums.

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
That's the only album I never bought or got into. I can't separate "Get Lucky" from certain parts of my life, thanks constant exposure! But I know it's a Daft Punk album and I'll give it a spin, especially some Giorgio by Moroder, that track just HAS to be good, no?

There's a lot of story there, NJH. I'm sure the kid is ok, I hope. Daft Punk is a gateway...uh..drug. I was crazy about Homework when it came out, and followed loosely as they became folded into pop culture. If the kid is like the rest of us, I'm sure he found something great to replace the lack of any new DP albums.

Get lucky as more to do with Niles Rodgers than Daft Punk themselves.

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
And since Daft Punk is basically Bangalter litteraly carrying as hell the duo, it doesn't matter.

Not as dramatic as Zdar's death for french touch.

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
I loved Daft Punk from the get go, they were smart, creative and artful in a genre that often isn't. While I'm sorry to see them go, I'm not sure where they could have gone after Random Access Memories. There is a progression to their 4 albums and ending on top with Random Access Memories is not a bad way to go.

_MementoMori_

Friend of Leo's
I loved Daft Punk from the get go, they were smart, creative and artful in a genre that often isn't. While I'm sorry to see them go, I'm not sure where they could have gone after Random Access Memories. There is a progression to their 4 albums and ending on top with Random Access Memories is not a bad way to go.

RAM is one of the best albums of the 21st century so far, in my opinion. I think it will end up on "Best Albums of All Time" lists some day.

_MementoMori_

Friend of Leo's
Some random guy just sent me a message through Discogs asking to buy my Daft Punk records. Look on eBay. They're going for literal hundreds left and right today. I'm sitting on about $600 worth of Daft Punk vinyl.