Dad bod...it's really a thing.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by charlie chitlin, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Thank Gawd! No more pushups for Stubee!

Wallo Tweed and drf64 like this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

This is kind of odd, because I formed an observation in my mind about a guy probably almost sixty years ago. He was a business man doing quite well, had a family, lived on the right side of town and was doing just peachy in life. He was not badly built, but had the paunch sometimes associated with the well to do. He somehow through his or his wife's fault I never knew for sure found himself in a divorce. The divorce pretty much cleaned him out. He and his brother both played guitar and sang, so when the guy found out he was pretty much washed up as a business man, the two of them grabbed a couple of other musicians and formed a band they might have added another as they went on, I don't remember that part.

They played for a long time in the next town over, and eventually moved elsewhere clear out of the country, and I lost track of them. The funny thing is the guy who busted up with his wife, lost weight, and got to looking just like a musician should. He was a pretty good lead player, and I suppose must have found a new sweetie, but as far as I know about all he ever did after the break up with his first wife was play music. The point of this is, that when he was a successful business man, he looked like a successful business man paunch and all. When he became a fulltime musician, he looked like one of those too. I think he's been passed on for quite a few years now, but his brother is still alive and well, or at least he was last time I heard anything about him. I don't remember them well, but I remember they were both pretty cool. I barely missed the remaining brother one time, I went to a gettogether that he was at having come to our area for some reason or another, he was already gone when I got there, I would have liked to have seen him.

3. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

there are many undernourished folks that get a big belly. Just saying.

4. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

DADBOD. The preferred tuning for a certain age of men, putting on middle-aged weight, who spend a lot of time discussing their gear and precious little time practicing.

fishermike, MickM, stormsedge and 4 others like this.
  5. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

We know older guys with money and stability are attractive. There might be some association with heavy and gray hair. But, heavy, no spray tan and no hair coloring also means someone that isn't pre-occupied, or obsessed over their appearance. It can mean you aren't on the market, not in sales mode, comfortable with yourself, and enjoy the heck out of wine, mashed potatoes, and life. THAT might be the most attractive thing of all. I still recall John Candy made some top ten list of sexiest guys during his peak. I've never fully comprehended that.

GibbyTwin likes this.
  6. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted

I have a washboard stomach...it set on the gentle cycle.

P-Nutz, stormsedge and geoff_in_nc like this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Creeping towards? It's been this way since the dawn of time. My wife is 16 years younger than I, literally makes 3 times what I make and could have any guy she wanted. When we met she was 26 and I was 42 and had already been retired from the military for 2 years. I know very well the attraction on her part was 0% physical. Whether we want to admit it or not most of our wives aren't with us for our looks. Just the way things are.

Toadtele likes this.
  8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

What that means is that body of an adonis, sculpted abs, taut muscles, etc are not the only paths to female attraction. There's also money:p

Big_Bend and Fretting out like this.
  9. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

As a generalization this is true. But also it might be a regional thing as well.

Fretting out likes this.
  10. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If it is about wealth, wouldn't that be a Sugar-Dad Bod?

Censport, stormsedge and Fretting out like this.
  11. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

If one is spending time analyzing and trying to emulate "Dadbod" as a means of attracting women, I suspect the key factor(s) is not/will not be present.

Stubee likes this.
  12. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

stormsedge likes this.
  13. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

I always assumed it was “lowered standards” that drew people toward dad bods...Low standards just happen to be the one thing I look for in a woman.

Mr Scallywag likes this.
  14. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic

Driving a Mercedes and wearing a Rolex will give you the body women drool over.

Big_Bend and skitched like this.
  15. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Can confirm. At 40, I'm 5'8", around 140lbs and similar frame to Mick Jagger. Women don't want what I have...

Shango66 likes this.
  16. electrichead

electrichead Tele-Meister

My neurologist has a web portal we can access and after a visit you can go home and read exactly what the doctor writes about the visit on his laptop.
    I now notice he does not use words like overweight or obese.
    My doctor uses well nourished..o_O

stormsedge, Shango66 and SweetClyde99 like this.
  17. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

On the flip side.
    A buddy of mine married a woman from Sikkim, a mountainous Indian state like Nepal . Since she’s been in this country she has packed the weight on big time. It’s been explained that this is a sign to her family that she is being looked after and her life is prosperous with her husband.

stormsedge likes this.
  18. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Cleetus McFarland rocks the dad bod . . .

pistons shirt 2_.jpg

stormsedge likes this.
  19. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

I’m like an English Bulldog. I was born with Dad Bod. Never seemed to matter...

However - this is important Men - I have discovered the key to the exit from Club E.D. - It’s mental - For Real - and You don’t have to send me a dime.

Here is The Mantra: “Emma in black leather.”
    That’s it, repeat until the sun rises.

Emma is Emma Peel aka Diana Rigg from the television show The Avengers - go on You Tube and look for The Avengers theme song and You shall be called in from The Cold.

This really does work. So favorite the theme song and
    as Lord Baden-Powell said “Be Prepared.”

You are most welcome Men.

charlie chitlin likes this.
  20. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Of course they do. Because it would be pointless and rude to tell you to give up beer and cheese. :p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.