D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

neuroy

TDPRI Member
I have some trouble with a Blackguard build.....

Which type of Tele the Tdowns plan is based ? Was it taken from an 1950-55 Telecaster ?
Can anybody point me to a plan for such a vintage project, please ?

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have some trouble with a Blackguard build.....

Which type of Tele the Tdowns plan is based ? Was it taken from an 1950-55 Telecaster ?
Can anybody point me to a plan for such a vintage project, please ?

Revision E is the most recent of the Tdowns drawings and is in post 585 of this thread. You may want to read the link I posted in your earlier thread. What you really want doesn't exist. there is nothing any better than this particular drawing done by Terry Downs and Ed Hawley. I've been here at this forum over 20 years and I think I would know if one was available.

neuroy

TDPRI Member
@ guitarbuilder

thank you, I understand !
But is there any knowledge about different body shapes through the years ?
I don't mean the changes upper body/neck transition area , router hump...
Even the differences in sanding do not matter.
I wonder if there were significant changes in design, such as width of the cutaway or width of the horn ?

There must have been someone comparing a early ´50´s guitar to a ´52 RI from the early ´80´s, for example ? Those are said to be the most correct RI´s ?

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Sigh, because of production reasons almost no two Teles are alike. There is no holy grail THE one. It's a slab board production guitar, some great, some good and some suck. Just build what you want how you want and don't sweat all this esoteric BS. Geeeeeez

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
@ guitarbuilder

thank you, I understand !
But is there any knowledge about different body shapes through the years ?
I don't mean the changes upper body/neck transition area , router hump...
Even the differences in sanding do not matter.
I wonder if there were significant changes in design, such as width of the cutaway or width of the horn ?

There must have been someone comparing a early ´50´s guitar to a ´52 RI from the early ´80´s, for example ? Those are said to be the most correct RI´s ?

I guess I'd direct you to look at the Blackguard book and see if you see any consistency between the serial numbers. That might answer that question.

Skintknuckle

TDPRI Member
Well, I believe I have tried every link in the thread to find the .dxf file. I cannot locate it. Does anyone have a copy they would share?
I located the .pdf elsewhere. Having the .dxf would be handy. Thanks in advance.

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Well, I believe I have tried every link in the thread to find the .dxf file. I cannot locate it. Does anyone have a copy they would share?
I located the .pdf elsewhere. Having the .dxf would be handy. Thanks in advance.

Revision D is in here as a pdf file I believe. There are other DXF files that may work for you too.. The 53 body master looks pretty nice. Tdowns is a PDF in here:

Schablonen und Zeichnungen - GitarreBassBau.de

Last edited:

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Marty, he's looking for THE answer, we both know it doesn't exist in anything. He MAY learn but I have me doubts mate

I think the drawing of the '53 master which is a DXF format is the Tdowns drawing..without many of the details...It looks like What Ed used in his 53 build.

This is Ed's first post.

'53.png

This is from the German site:

german site.JPG

Last edited:

ehawley

Tele-Afflicted
Hey everyone!!... It’s been eons since I’ve been on here!!.. Boy, my files sure get around!! The original drawing was supplied by me to Terry in dxf format. It was the drawings that are pictured in the post above!. Yes, the German drawing is mine. Not sure how it got there but, what the heck!.. it’s free! So if you are going to use those, they are one and the same....by the way, those dimensions CMMed from a 66 body and neck(if anyone has my neck files)... I’ve noticed an uptick in email requests for the files... just email me at the address on this site and I’ll send you all my Tele files in many different formats from dxf to SolidWorks to Mastercam...have fun building everyone!!

adiabatic

NEW MEMBER!
Hi all... crossing over from the Strat side to build a Tele and the Rev.E CAD files sure are hard to find in the wild. I'll PM ehawley but before I bother him, if anyone can PM me a working link to the CAD files (not the PDF, I have that already) I'd appreciate it.

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Hi all... crossing over from the Strat side to build a Tele and the Rev.E CAD files sure are hard to find in the wild. I'll PM ehawley but before I bother him, if anyone can PM me a working link to the CAD files (not the PDF, I have that already) I'd appreciate it.

In here is the dxf. A decent 3d drawing program should open up a pdf these days I would think.

Schablonen und Zeichnungen - GitarreBassBau.de

adiabatic

NEW MEMBER!
Thanks. I saw that link but wondered if it had the Rev. E DXFs since it links the Rev. D PDF...

Also, preferably I'm looking for a 3D file for import into a 3D printing slicer.

Last edited:

asvitac

TDPRI Member
Hi guys, I am new here and I am building my own Tele...so excited! I have 2 questions:

1. I am making the body from this template (attachment) and I don´t understand this little thing in the template ( orange marker) Can you explain it to me? Is it just normal vertical holes or holes in some angle?

2. I am buying a Fender telecaster neck and I want to ask if it will fit to the body if I am making it from this template?

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• Fender-Telecaster.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-20210906-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210906-WA0000.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 117