CVC Frets

philbeck

TDPRI Member
I see that the new CVC 60's have "narrow tall" frets. Did the older ones made in China have "narrow tall" frets too? I changed the neck on mine to an old 76, 7.25 radius with vintage frets and I was thinking I never have tried "narrow tall" but maybe I have.

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's
I see that the new CVC 60's have "narrow tall" frets. Did the older ones made in China have "narrow tall" frets too? I changed the neck on mine to an old 76, 7.25 radius with vintage frets and I was thinking I never have tried "narrow tall" but maybe I have.

old ones were medium jumbos. At least the first ones, first few years of production that Ive tried.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Dunno. But I do know fret terminology changes and is variable with suppliers, manufacturers, and users. Actual dimensions are the best way to compare.

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
Medium jumbos were .043 height. Tall narrows are .047 height, but narrow, like .092 or .095 I think. But what Squier calls tall narrow may be different than what Fender calls tall narrow. My Musikraft necks both have 6150 stainless, which they list as .047 X .104, same height as tall narrows, but wider. The original neck on my Deluxe Nashville had the tall narrows. They're OK, but I like the 6150 stainless better.

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
I gotta say,i,m not a fan of tall thin frets,i find the strings just dont lay on the fret board like medium jumbos,jmo.