1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

CVC after 3 months

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 1977CJ5, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 1977CJ5

1977CJ5 Tele-Afflicted

Honeymoon is over, and I'm still in love. Played it just about everyday for the past 3 months. Still don't want to mod anything. No problems or issues. I can't believe how nice these are, especially considering the price.

[​IMG]

2. baboss

baboss TDPRI Member

A big 10-4 on that! I'm loving mine. I still can't get over the hot twang in the bridge pickup. I want ALL my tele bridge pickups to sound like that!
    The only thing making my CVC better is that it's now paired with my new-to-me 75 Twin Reverb. The combo is sick :D
    I'm in heaven!

3. 20000 Roads

20000 Roads Tele-Meister

I just bought a CV 50's that arrives tomorrow, and an Albert Lee Signature model that arrived yesterday... but damnit I'm really GASing for one of these! :cool:

4. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

I can't believe that thing has been out for 3 months. Seems like 5 weeks.

5. Louthunder

Louthunder Tele-Holic

I've had my cvc for over 2 months,have gigged w/it,and I seem to like it more everyday! I'm another one that has no reason to change a thing. The only 2 things even potentially on my list are the pup selector sw. and the jack cup.

6. dougb415

dougb415 TDPRI Member

I want one (even tho I have an '05 MIM Tele and a CV 50s) because of the rosewood neck. I think I can talk the wife into it, we're getting a nice tax refund this year :lol:

7. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

x100

I thought the bridge pickup with the lower output might suck, but it actually sounds freaking sweet. Anything hotter would be too over the top, imo. Love these guitars. :thumbsup:

8. enrico

enrico TDPRI Member

I've not seen these in the UK.. some of those paint jobs are wonderful. Hope to get a hold one soon.

9. LaExpatriot

LaExpatriot Tele-Meister

Same here. I have had mine about that long and still find new tones everyday. It has made me really explore the joys of the Volume and Tone knob.
    I was originally planning on changing the pickups immediately but the more I play them the more I like them.

I thought about adding a bigsby for fun but have decided against it. I like it as it is.

10. Louthunder

Louthunder Tele-Holic

I would like to add that,when I bought the cvc, my full intentions were to change out the pups,bridge saddles, and electronics at least. I was happily suprised, when I realized I didn't have to change a thing.I bought the cvc in the first place to be a real tele,not a tele on steroids! I have other guitars that fits that bill! I would say that the cvc is one the top 3 guitars I have ever owned(I've been playing for over 40 years and have owned over 25 elec. guitars)Again the only thing that remains to be seen,will be how this bugger holds up!

11. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Friend of Leo's

If you wanted to, looks like you could totally deck out that guitar like Andy Summers' on the cheap.

12. KBing

KBing Tele-Meister

I want one too...I went to buy one and GC didn't have one in stock so bought the CV 50s and love it.

I will get the CVC too, eventually, at that price, I can't think of a reason not to.

These guitars are just amazing quality, for their price. I've always been a "buy American" Fender guy and have a couple Strats and an old Mustang and just didn't believe all the hype I saw here about these things.

I am a believer now.

13. Hellbilly Mike

Hellbilly Mike Tele-Meister

I can't agree with ya more 1977cj5. I actually played my CV50s last night more than I have since I got my custom. But for the most part I play my Custom.

14. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

I've been gigging with my CVC weekly since I got it a couple months ago. It blows me away. I did however upgrade the bridge saddles to Allparts Brass compensated barrel saddles, and I got a deal on Fender CS Nocaster PU's. So I made the swap. But I could easily have gigged and been thrilled with the CVC bone stock. ...and I did gig with it stock for a couple gigs before doing those minor upgrades. The CVC is a player! Great action, stays in tune. Just a great guitar!

15. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

My big problem is I can't play nuthin' but "Indonesian Red"!!!
    She keeps calling out to me!
    Someday I'll pickup my CVC again...
    Maybe...:cool:

16. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I got a chance to A/B the CVCs cousin this past weekend, the 50's Vibe against an American Special and I believe the Vibe kicked it's ass. Different in some ways; neck, weight, but still a great Tele. I'm gettin one or the CVC.

http://www.myspace.com/proazza

17. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Had my CVC 3 months 2 days.

Strings have been on there 3 months 1 day and still sound fairly good.

MY CV50's is lonely hasnt gotten much play since the CVC showed up but they are both great.

18. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

I swapped out the bridge pickup on mine 'cos the stock one just seemed to be lacking a little "something". I also fitted a new CRL switch. The neck pickup is REALLY sweet.

Still lovin' mine - a really great little guitar!....:cool:

19. wannapickone

wannapickone Tele-Holic

Okay....I'll have to wait another month to "qualify" for this but, the TWO months I've had mine have been nothing short of "Telesatisfaction" (that is a real word).....I've got to say that was the best $380 I ever spent .......and kept my clothes on.
    The only changes to date have been brass comp saddles & 10's......I've got all the parts for the 4-way switch....but I just can't bring myself to the "surgery"! Maybe after another 30 days.......we'll see.
    WPO

20. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

i've had mine almost since they "hit" the market, and like another poster above i was all set to go with a set of Twang Kings, pots, titanium non compensated saddles, and figgered then i would have a real guitar. what happened was:

the pickups don't need upgrading
    nor do the pots
    tried the titanium saddles and they came right back off after a few days

i did use a Hipshot B/G bender on it that i had laying around, but took it off, too.

long story short, i found the guitar didn't need me tinkering with it. it's great just the way it is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.