CV Tele Inspired NGD

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by matt mcgriff, Feb 17, 2014.

1. matt mcgriff

matt mcgriff TDPRI Member

I've had my CV 50 Tele since the summer and had some SD pickups installed in it a few months ago, for no reason other than wanting to, but finally just took it to my local setup guy 2 weeks ago to get the action and playability dialed in. I'm really loving it. It is a phenomenal guitar for the money. So, on to the NGD. In my constant GAS state, I've now been looking for a strat, but on a budget of course. I was looking at the VM strats and the sterling SUB Silos, as I want to keep the wife happy. I spent way too much time today searching the web for some deals, mainly on the silo, as they do get some great reviews. As much as I love the EBMM brand and do want an Axis or a stingray bass at some point, the SUB series just seem to say "sweatshop" to me. Completely unfounded, but can't get over it. I also am afraid of cheap tremolos and although I've read plenty of positive reviews, the thought of a tremolo on a sub $200 guitar just makes me nervous. All in all, I could not pull the trigger. I had some Amex points that I could use on amazon and was looking around and found a mint used CV 60's strat that I ended up paying $195 for. If this thing is anything like the tele I know I'm going to be really happy. This is a pic of the guitar, although I realize it looks just like all of the others-

[​IMG]

2. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Well...there is one thing that makes this one different from all the others...this one is yours. Happy NSD.

3. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

nice!

4. matt mcgriff

matt mcgriff TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Came in today. Another sweet CV. These things are fantastic. Have some plans for it (Fralins, rewire, mint pickguard). It sounds good as is, just fun to tweak. Amazing how good these are.

5. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Very nice. You can't go wrong with the CV whether it's a tele or a strat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.