CV Tele 50s, 60s, 70s model, Which body is lightest?

ddk1

TDPRI Member
I haven't been lucky enough to find a CV tele in a local store to try out. I've only played a MIM fender player tele which I was told is closest to that of a CV 50s style. I really enjoyed the playability of that guitar but found the neck a bit chunky and body noticeably heavy. Are the CV 60s or 70s models any different in that respect?

Thanks

ddk1

TDPRI Member
I guess another way to ask, is the body material different in 50s, 60s or 70s era model that might make one lighter?

doof

Tele-Holic
I imagine it's going to vary. My BSB CV50 that I bought back in 2012 is heavy. Haven't weighed it, but it's noticeably heavier than most of my other guitars, and after 15 minutes or so my shoulders really start to feel it. My Vintage Blonde CV50 from 2013, however, is practically light as air.

koopus

TDPRI Member
I guess another way to ask, is the body material different in 50s, 60s or 70s era model that might make one lighter?
Sweetwater’s website has weights of guitars that they have in stock. Of course the weight between two of the same model will vary, however, you can check each of these to try and get a ballpark on weight