CV 50s necks - are they all this good?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by jfgesquire, Jan 24, 2020.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Holic

I know the shape (C, D, V, U) is a personal preference and there are people that don't like the shape of CV necks.

But I'm talking quality.

I have never played any brand of guitar at any price level with the frets better dressed, let alone one that was packed in bubble wrap and cardboard from China.

Slightly rounded edge, finish over tang ends, nothing even close to a sharp edge anywhere.

I've seen many with much better flame than on mine, quarter sawn beauties.

Are they all like this? Has anyone had a bad experience?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

2. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

New ones feel a little bit slimmer C shape. I love them so much. Perfect neck for me

3. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko TDPRI Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg I love them for builds, very consistent quality.Still able to get them for around 100.00 bucks.

4. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Holic

Love the grain on that one! Mine is one of the boring ones with just a little flame, haha!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

5. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Yeah, my CV 50’s neck is great. No complaints whatsoever. Other countries have people that take pride in their work too, you know. ;)

jfgesquire and Fretting out like this.
  6. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

I’ve owned two vintage blonde ‘50s and both had very smooth fretwork with tight grain quartersawn maple necks, especially like the pine body, both (previous version) made in China. Prefer these to the Fender Player Telecaster by a significant margin.

7. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I'd say you're correct in the finish consistency. Even the recent FSR Esquire I got is pretty much flawless (1 little burr on a fret end. Easy with a file or sandpaper). I have a Squier Cab, '51, CV, CVC, & the Esquire. Finishes look good for that strong orangey thing.

CVC & Esquire got/had the thinnest.

8. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It’s been a while since I tried one in a store, but I used to pick them up and noodle every time I saw one, and I never picked one up with a neck I didn’t like. If I were looking for a neck for a build, I would look for one of those for sure.

9. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

YUP.

Fender/Squier got this one right.. and they've been getting all the money since they came out with these models...

10. Corvus

Corvus Tele-Meister

Absolutely agree. My recent CV "Pinecaster" has a wonderful neck with exceptional fretting - in fact the whole guitar is perfectly made and finished for a really affordable price. The "C" shaped neck is on the current spec is, I'd agree, a little thinner than the older model.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.