1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Custom Tele Build Questions

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by mborror89, Jan 20, 2021.

1. mborror89

mborror89 NEW MEMBER!

Hi guys. Thanks for having me here. Long time lurker. I got a 65 DRRI about a year ago and with it am ibanez ad163. Loved the guitar and playability, but it had no cut in live situations. Thought about getting rid of the amp until I plugged a Tele in and it changed me. As of right now, my build is consisting of dragonfire bridge pickup, the Texas special copy and an epiphone 57 classic. However, I was really torn between gretsches with Filtertrons and the one I got. Anybody have a Tele with a single coil bridge and a Filtertron neck? Benefits and drawbacks? Thanks

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I believe @brookdalebill 's avatar Tele has a Filtertron-ish p/up.....maybe he'll chime in.
    Several others have posted Teles with Gretsch-style pickups, especially in neck position. I can't imagine them NOT sounding great. :)

El Tele Lobo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.