1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Custom Strat Scratchplate

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Jed Zeppelin, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jed Zeppelin

Jed Zeppelin TDPRI Member

Hello :D

I'm going to build my own stratocaster, using parts that I like to use and so forth. However, I never use (and don't really like the tone) the middle pickup, and was wondering if there's any trustworthy website that sells a custom strat scratchplate with only the bridge and neck single coil pickup holes cut out (as well as tone, volume and pickup selector holes), and no middle pickup hole? If not, what's the best way to cut into a blank scratchplate to do this?

2. grinchmonkey

grinchmonkey Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Warmoth makes them and will do them in any configuration you want. They also have several colors/materials to choose from.

www.warmoth.com

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

4. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

www.acmeguitars.com
    opps no I am wrong !! imagine that !!,me of all people!!:eek:
    The above suggestions are great.

5. Jed Zeppelin

Jed Zeppelin TDPRI Member

THanks for the links guys :D I'm gathering the money for this project at the minute, so I'm not going to order just yet, but I'm glad that there's no need for frustration when cutting into a blank!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.