Custom Strat Neck options?

doghouseman

Tele-Holic
Looking for an SRV neck. I know his necks were wider than the typical fender neck (1 11/16 instead of 1 5/8). Also his frets were really tall. He also had a Paul Ferro board, which would be great, but is not a deal breaker.

I checked the warmoth site. What happened to their inventory?? They hardly have any necks in their showcase.

Also, warmoth can take awhile to make, would like something sooner.

Thanks

Conquistador

TDPRI Member

doghouseman

Tele-Holic
thanks... interesting, most everywhere on the net it says that the SRV "number one" guitar specs for the neck, at the nut were 42 mm. I could have sworn it was 43. I have found that a wider neck makes string bending with heavy gauge strings easier, so again, I assumed the SRV neck was 43 mm. Also, I have had a few warmoth necks with this bigger nut and they work great for SRV kinds of work.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Gclef

TDPRI Member
Looking for an SRV neck. I know his necks were wider than the typical fender neck (1 11/16 instead of 1 5/8). Also his frets were really tall. He also had a Paul Ferro board, which would be great, but is not a deal breaker.

I checked the warmoth site. What happened to their inventory?? They hardly have any necks in their showcase.

Also, warmoth can take awhile to make, would like something sooner.

Thanks

Covid happened.

A bunch of yoyos bought up all the guitars.

The crafty ones bought up the warmoth showcase stock.

I am waiting before i make any capital expenses, guitar wise.