Custom Shop Tele | Who would I have to kill

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
How many kidneys would I need to sell, or who would I have to kill for one of these.

My idea of the perfect Tele

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/ser...ster-nos-maple-fingerboard-aged-white-blonde/

Don't know the going rate for kidneys, but Fender CS usually goes for like $3.5k-6.5k unless it's some really famous master builder making it.
Basically, you can get Fender CS for Gibson money. :)

Apart from the logo placement, that thing looks pretty much like my MIM (Classic 50's WB).
The CS is most probably better than my MIM, but is it thousands of dollars better? Probably not.

EDIT:
Here's a link to buy that thing if you want it:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-custom-top-load-telecaster-aged-white-blonde

The current price is even in the lower part of my estimated range.

Nick Fanis

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
You can find these used for around $2500-$3000.
Way LESS than "kidney" money.
Alternatively you can get an older MIM Roadworn in blonde and replace the bridge with a top loader (replace the horrible bridge pickup while you are in it).
The whole thing won't cost more than $800-$1000.

ww1sxrkwdd6vbzhj97fx.jpg

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
You can find these used for around $2500-$3000.
Way LESS than "kidney" money.
Alternatively you can get an older MIM Roadworn in blonde and replace the bridge with a top loader (replace the horrible bridge pickup while you are in it).
The whole thing won't cost more than $800-$1000.

ww1sxrkwdd6vbzhj97fx.jpg

OP is in Australia I think things are way pricier and less available based on prior threads

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
i have played a 50s strat and 60s teles & offsets.

the 60s guitars (especially after the introduction of poly) do not feel appreciably different than modern guitars (if i could even tell other than the guitar being worn down in some areas). i don't think they are worth it, nor the custom shop. save your money and get an 80s reissue fender from the fujigen plant or something that's nice and worn in if you really want a vintage feel.

the 50s strat almost felt like a partscaster. someone like MJT or other smaller builders could totally build you one with a comparable feel for much less than a CS fender.

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I found this one (CS '63 Relic) on the used rack at a Mars Music Planet store in 2004 for $600. It was mismarked, but they let me have it for that price anyway. $600 is the going rate for a gall bladder, I think ;)

Fender-CS-63-Tele-LPB.jpg