1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Custom Shop 67 NOS

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by cowabungaruss, Jan 24, 2018.

1. cowabungaruss

cowabungaruss NEW MEMBER!

Hi everybody,

I've been a part of the forum for a while, but this is my first post. I've recently been playing a CS 67 NOS telecaster (off-white finish/RW board), which I really enjoy. The problem is, I can't seem to find out much about that model online. Was it a UK/Europe release only? Most of the models I see for sale (and there aren't many) are coming from the UK. Is there a way to find out how many of these models were made?

I'm also curious about the finish. I know that CS guitars usually have a nitro finish, but I've read in a few places that the modern nitro finishes have an undercoat of poly. To complicate the matter, I've read in a few other places that alder bodies (like the CS 67 tele) don't have a poly undercoat because alder is a dense wood. Can anyone confirm or dispute that information?

Thanks!

2. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

3. cowabungaruss

cowabungaruss NEW MEMBER!

Will do. Thanks!

4. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

The custom shop series are usually very limited runs, so hard to say much about them. They are usually period correct (except maybe for frets and radius), so if no poly undercoat was used in 67 then it will not have one.

Mine is a 2008 '66 NOS tele (see avatar) that comes with the 9.5 radius and medium jumbos (but with a proper maple cap fretboard)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.