Custom In Ear Monitors

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by Tle4, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

I recently went to in ears and am thinking of getting custom in ears done. I have between $500-$700 to spend total. Would like to hear some experiences and reviews of sound quality in that range. I want something that is going to have the guitar sound best as first priority. I do some vocals.

I am currently using the Sennheiser IE4 monitors that came with my unit. They sound ok when I can get a good seal. The guitar doesn't sound great though.

A friend has the Westone ac20's and he says they are good for him but I don't know if I trust his opinion on sound. He is a bass player and isn't as critical about how the guitar sounds. The AC 20's are in my price range though. Also looking at Alien ears, Ultimate Ears and any others with customs in my range. I called an audiologist and impressions will cost $60. Anyone do the impressions them self? How did they fit doing them yourself

Thanks

2. flyingnorth

flyingnorth Tele-Meister

i like my ultimate ears...i would spend the money and have an audiologist do the impressions.

3. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Which model ultimate ears did you get? I was looking at the UE5 pro.

4. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

I have the Shure SE215, they are not custom but I hate the way they make my guitar sound. In fact I usually turn my guitar down all the way in my monitor mix (my amp is usually enough volume to hear myself). The in-ears really only help me hear the vocalists better. However it looks like your budget is a bit bigger than mine.

I'd be curious to hear if you like the sound of your guitar on the in-ears you decide on.

5. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

I actually have a set of Monster Turbine Copper earbuds which I believe may be knockoffs. I like how my guitar sounds in them using with my in ear system. They kinda lack on the bass though.

I do find that getting a good seal makes a huge difference. I have a problem keeping a good seal in one ear. I tried all different tips and it ends up coming lose eventually. Two other guys in my band had the same problem. They got customs and can't even tell they are in.

I just want to make sure that if I put out that kind of money, they better sound as good as my amp does coming out of the pa.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.