1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Custom Control Plate

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Capel, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

Any suggestions where I can buy / get made a custom control plate for my modded am tele - I'm after the standard tone & volume pot holes, but with a LP style pickup selector switch.

Cheers!!

2. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

any good with photoshop or illustrator? if so you could check out ponoko.com.. they laser cut a variety of materials according to your own designs.. (no affiliation whatsoever btw)

3. Reverend D

Reverend D Tele-Meister

Without a full out scour of the net, I found blank ones at GFS (guitarfetish.com). I'd just tape one off with masking tape, drill your pot holes and your switch hole, debur the backside of the holes and be done with it personally. The knobs will cover any jagged hole as will the switch nut, just line them up with the mounting screws and put them wherever on the plate you want them. Just a thought. Good luck with it!

Regards,

Don

4. ImmortalSix

ImmortalSix Tele-Meister

x2

I drilled my own control plate for a Squier '51 project I did, with a hand-drill no less :!: , and it turned out perfect.

[​IMG]

5. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    GFS is your best bet for a blank standard size Tele plate.

I also found some smaller ones on ebay that will accomodate an LP switch.

[​IMG]

6. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

Legends - thank you all!!

7. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

2 such setups. One LP toggle, the other a rotary and the 21 pots.

The butterscotch one is stainless I made from a beer keg, as is the bridge on that one.

The other with the LP toggle is actually clear plexi with aluminum foil behind it. I went though many weight saving tricks on that one because the body was 5.8 lb., and managed to make a 7.8 lb Tele with that, Ti saddles...

I also did another with a Guitar fetish blank plate and drilled the 3 holes. So three such set ups...

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.