Custom build: Seth Lover SD PAF neck with.....which bridge pickup?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by saintgerty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. saintgerty

saintgerty TDPRI Member

Hi, i've been making this custom build for a while now, several years infact going through the different combinations. From p90's in the neck, firebirds, Lawrence humbuckers, you name it. I've settle on vintage SD Seth Lover PAF for the neck and...... i was thinking the single coil Creamery alt 88? (The guitar is a cream '94 Japanese maple neck... Joe barden vintage bridge) Im having a hard time finding sound samples online for the alt 88. Is it a good pairing? Or maybe the SD antiquity? ...ideas... recommendations?

Any advice is much appreciated,
    K

(music i play is rockier, less twangy)

2. metale

metale Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

If you fancy UK made pickups, check out the Oil City Honkytonk Angel. 10K, alnico 2, and I've paired it with an alnico 2 PAF with great results.

3. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

I’ve had a Cavalier Fat Lion and a Huge Lion paired with the Seth Lover. Use 500k pots and it’s pure bliss!

4. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Holic

Dimarzio PAF Classic. Very meaty combo!

5. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

I've done this a few times on an old tele with various combinations in the bridge and neck positions. The problem is always the neck being too powerful for the bridge p/u except when I used a lil 59 on the bridge which I didn't keep cause I didn't like the sound.

Recently put in a Dimarzio DP211 Eric Johnson neck humbucker which is sort-of an almost Gretsch sound, probably not what you want but I do some soft-rock and jazz standards plus it works well with OD. Have an Area T noiseless at the bridge - not the hot model.

Balances well finally. Was their customer service suggestion, I already had the Area T and blew-out an old Dimarzio PAF so replaced it. Maybe you should look into the hotter Area T bridge p/u with a more powerful neck humbucker than I got.

Axe sounds amazing now but still I play Gibsons a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.