Curt Magnan strings?

tedro

Tele-Afflicted
did i spell the name right?
i bought a nickel regular 10-46 set a while back. never quite got around to trying them.

today i put them on my main strat (fat 50’s) into a rebuilt drri/p12q (well worn, good tubes).

i normally use D’ad strings. switch to normal strings (the dads) after a few decades of ghs bommers.

i can’t wait for next string change to compare. something sounds and feels nice, suddenly.

(fyc, 3 other spkrs i use time to time in the ga drri. p12q, 12f150b, ga64, v30. i just changed from v30 —which is nice.)

Last edited:

tedro

Tele-Afflicted
i feel you. not sure i could afford it all the way around.
however, if a comparison shows something… i’ll be buying more. :)

timbgtr

Tele-Meister
Curt Mangan makes a great string. I used them for years until I couldn’t buy them locally anymore.

I’ve been using them for a few years. You can order them from their website, with discounts for packs of six. Great customer service, too.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I used them for a while. I like them, but frankly I don't notice any difference between them and my D'Addarios. Just for me, they aren't worth the extra cost. Between practicing, rehearsals and gigs, I go through a lot of strings. There has to be a noticeable difference for me to pay more for them.

telemystix

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Been using Mangan pure nickel 10's for years and years -

best toneful strings I have found in a long time.

LaMarr-Bruister

TDPRI Member
Very similar to XL’s to me and hard to justify the cost increase due to volume of strings that I go through. They are happy to make custom sets, so I have them on one guitar with a bit of a weird string set makeup. Everyone I’ve dealt with there is super friendly.