Current production Teles with big, warm, punchy, sound...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jumpnblues, Sep 15, 2021.

1. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

...What are some new, current production Teles with a big, warm, punchy sound that still sound like a Tele? Think Broadcaster. Is there anything current that sounds like that? I think this should have gone in the General Tele Discussion sub forum. Mods please feel free to move it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    drewg likes this.
  2. Broadcasted

Broadcasted TDPRI Member

Hey jumpnblues....there was the 70th anniversary broadcaster last year that has the custom shop blackguard PUP's....you can still find them brand new online.....there was also a 70th anniversary esquire model for a little less....both models can be found used or brand new

drewg and Esquire Jones like this.
  3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Afflicted

I got this one (see my avatar) and the handwound 51 Nocaster pickups, with the Fat tone circuit, allows you dial in from fat to thin sound. Here's a video demoing the guitar.

4. Esquire Jones

Esquire Jones Tele-Meister

Yeah the 70th Anniversary Esquire has a fat, punchy tone that is somehow different than my 52 tele. I love it.
    Not sure how much the single pickup adds to the equation. The tele is a more stinging classic tele tone. The Esquire is a different beast.

5. beanluc

beanluc Tele-Afflicted

Not familiar, what's
    ?

6. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Afflicted

This posting (see bold text) from September 2018 give a good explanation. I like it as it allows me to dial in anything from thick to thin tele sound. It does take some getting use to as you will need to adjust volume or tone more often than regular modern tele wiring.
    1. [​IMG]
      jvin248Doctor of Teleocity

Some want 'the original wiring', some don't like treble bleeds on modern wiring so they resort to this wiring scheme.

I tried it and found I did not enjoy the unexpected interaction between the volume and tone knobs. Twisting the tone knob made the volume change and twisting the volume knob made the tone change. I quickly went back to modern wiring and use of treble bleeds if I need it.

"Fat" is just a Marketing term. It sounds smooth and luxurious when paired with "Fifties" -- like those old car commercials about "Fine Corinthian Leather".

Like+ QuoteReply
      Crobbins likes this.

beanluc likes this.
  7. beanluc

beanluc Tele-Afflicted

Ah! "50's wiring"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.