Curing fast food addiction

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1955, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

No 1 and 2 are essentially the staples of my diet. Minus sugar in processed foods, as I don't eat much of those.

I'm far from fat, never have been. I'm barely 3-4 kilos different from I was in my 20s. I don't exercise much, but am changing that. What I don't do is eat portions sized for 2 or more people, which I see a lot of people doing.

Bread = death is about the stupidest thing I've heard about nutrition, which clearly comes from someone with no idea about food, and a big opinion.

1955 likes this.
  2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

The only thing I've ever stopped doing that lost some weight was drinking beer... 25 yrs ago... within 6 mths my beer belly went away never to return.... clothes/jeans etc still fit me from back then... 34/36 waist...

since then I've drank a shiite load of bourbon and coke, ate pizzas and pies/cream buns at will and never put more than a few pounds on... which I can easily lose by fasting/backing off big eating...

I've been pensioned off with back problems for a good while now and lead a mainly sedentary life sitting down most of the day.... and still have the same diet... ie eat drink anything I fancy... and never put on any extra weight... though there's no fast food around here to visit on any regular basis... it's more of a treat when I go near big towns...

I couldn't imagine losing 30 pounds.... I'd be a skinny bony stick figure...

both my brothers have a similar build to me and both are a few stone heavier....

everything the experts say put weight on doesn't put weight on me.... and I don't do much to try and burn any off.... last time I was asked by the medics to estimate my weight, I told them a figure of what I thought I was... but weighed a half stone lighter when they weighed me....

just lucky, I guess... :rolleyes:

1955 likes this.
  3. Rayner

Rayner Tele-Meister

Is microwave rice actually processed though? It obviously goes through a process to be able to stick in the micro for a minute or 2 and come out nice but is it actually loaded with the #### that burgers, ham and sausages are? Or is it just part boiled and put in a plastic bag so that it steams in the micro?

1955 likes this.
  4. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

Rice is probably a bad example, but using a microwave as a staple for cooking is going to mean lots of other processed stuff is cooked that way. Plus, it's not the best way to cook for nutrition or taste reasons. Rice and beans in a microwave is about a dull as food can get IMO. Unless you add sauces, which are processed and full of sugar and salt...

Learning to cook isn't hard and rewards you with being able to use fresh ingredients, do something simple with them to retain their goodness, and end up with good tasting stuff.

Nothing wrong with burgers, ham and sausage either, if you buy good product and cook it yourself, even swap the fries for a greek salad.... Sausages that puff up and spit are typical of cheap, fatty sausages that give all sausages a bad name. Sausages that cook without exploding everywhere, are generally indicative of quality products.

1955 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.