Cure for Gas

Sr4815

TDPRI Member
This is really and update on my post, "Why does this seem wrong?" Shortly after that post, I quit coming to Tdpri and watching gear videos. Took some lessons and practiced. Back in November I made a post on Nextdoor looking for neighbors who wanted to make music. Long story short, after playing for over 30 years. I'm in a band for the first time ever. There is a dude who is 63 (I'm almost 55), a couple that is probably 25- he plays bass,she sings and plays keyboards. We also have a few other guitars. I'm having the most fun I've ever had with the instrument. Once we get our songs down, we all agreed to throw a party for friends and family and play. I still watch YouTube but now it is mostly to help figure out hard parts on songs I can't figure out from just listening. We play stuff from Dylan, Queen, Meredith Brooks, Alanis Morrisett, Joplin, CCR, Tom Petty and a bunch of others. Now we need to find a name for the band! Bottom line is that playing more has cured my GAS for over a year now. And I'm planning to use a bunch of the guitars other gear I have managed to collect over the last few years.

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Congrats! I did pretty much the opposite and was playing in a bar band within 2 years of first picking up an instrument and stopped playing out somewhere in my college years.

Looking back, I enjoyed rehearsing more than performing. Everyone’s different though. There’s just something uniquely satisfying to me about about being in-sync with your bandmates that can’t be replicated playing alone.

Picking out band names is so incredibly hard when you actually need one, yet so easy to stumble across when you’re not. When every. band member has a veto, it can take a while.

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Good to see you cured your GAS.
Just in time, as the environmental lobbies will soon have GAS banned.

Band name? The Guzzlers ...... Straw Puppies ..... (that's all I've got)

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Yup, I had a similar experience. Once I settled into a rig and sound I was happy with, with the band rehearsing every week, recording, and planning for shows, cycling through gear is counterproductive.

Now I have WTTTW syndrome, with the money I’m not spending on gear, I want to travel the world.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats! Maybe I'll give that a try with Nextdoor.

That's what I'd name the band, by the way, Nextdoor.