CS Tele for $400 on eBay. Why not?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Marshall_Stack, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DRFP

DRFP Tele-Holic

ebay claims to not allow counterfeit on auctions, but they do little to stop it with people who have stores

2. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

You can do a "report item" as a counterfeit, which is what everyone
    needs to do so some sucker doesnt get taken.

3. Jazzerstang

Jazzerstang Tele-Afflicted

100% fake

4. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

people who try these kinda scams are not very bright there is usually little clues in their buyer feedback relating to the sale such as (Thank you - Enjoy the custom shop designed guitar neck plate Jun-12-14 05:59 ) my guess is that plate is now on that guitar although that does not mean the fella never bought the guitar years ago from a pawnshop
    besides that anyone looking to buy a high end guitar will know what they are looking for and it certainly wont be this guitar

5. Drewsome007

Drewsome007 Tele-Meister

Done and done!

6. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

I kinda thought you were speaking hypothetically about the feedback. But damn ... there it was!

Attached Files:

7. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

Fender logo is a waterslide..it's blurry unlike the "telecaster" slide..If you notice the screw heads on the string trees are very clear but the Fender Logo is blurred (also the Gold outline around "Fender" is a brown and not Gold..) as well as the "Custom Shop" logo on the back...It's not detailed...and again the screw heads on the back are also clear but the custom shop logo is blurred or faded... Bad fake...

8. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

I think those are just the holes G. The bridge can be used either way. When I look at a top view shot I swear a can see a break angle over the rear of the saddle and the string pulling down through the body.

Of course at my advanced age nothing is completely in focus. ;)

9. Poppa54

Poppa54 TDPRI Member

Saw one on CL and it was just a CV with a new decal. A friend called the guy and he seemed to be surprised that he had a fake, but he didn't take it off the ad or correct the info. Just another crook on the web.

10. Wanderlust

Wanderlust TDPRI Member

Just report them and ebay will go after them. Its a giant border for them to patrol and they will miss stuff. There really isnt any sort of repercussions for these sellers either, so the idiot will be back with a spoofed ip, a new email, and more junk the next day.

Ebay is as safe as anywhere else if you just make sure you're informed about what you're trying to buy and don't fall for unbelievable crap.

11. Lupo

Lupo Tele-Holic

The other clearly strange thing is.... no SN. anywhere, not on the plate, nor on the neck... That is another prove that it has been assembled, no way.

12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Looks like some poor soul has placed a bid.

13. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I agree with Boris. I know a wholesaler in China with all types of guitars. Example, a Strat for $189 with a Fender sticker. Wilkinson parts and pickups, beautiful Candy Apple Red finish. Body is Basswood. That LPB Tele looks like one of theirs. So people on eBay who will buy these and then sell profit. Byer beware! It could be a sign of things to come. Many people shop on the internet. That's their privilege. I know that here in Oz retail is in crisis, but that's a person's choice. Makes you think of the future? JMHO.

14. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

+1 this is becoming the new thing on our CL mostly Gibsons but occasional Fenders..
    The stories are amazing; these guys should get a job writing fiction and skip the scamming, long variations on the same themes.

"Inherited it…don't play."

"I'm a (insert the 'other' brand) man and just need it gone, my loss yada yada"

"Gift from my ex too painful to have around."

Even at $250 they are a mess, get a 2nd hand CV for the same money and enjoy.

15. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

He replied to me just before he edited the listing. A bunch a half baked mumblings about never using the word Fender. I guess he takes no responsibility for the decal or neck plate! If you jump to any conclusions - well that's not his fault.
    I'm on my iphone and couldn't find a way to report it. Glad someone did.

16. stankepanck

stankepanck Tele-Holic

I just sent the seller a question. "What custom shop did this come out of?" Should be interesting if they even answer.

17. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah I reported it yesterday. I'm sure others did as well.

18. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

At first, I naively thought he had no idea so I sent him a friendly warning.

"Look - I love LPB - I have a Strat and a Fender Jazz bass in LPB.
    I love Telecasters. I love maple necks. This is my dream guitar.
    But - for your sake - I have to tell you that you cannot list a guitar as being a Fender Custom Shop - with a sticker on the back of the head - and then plead ignorance to whether or not it is a forgery.
    It is a big damn deal. So be careful."

His reply was perfectly irritating -

Thank you for the info but there is no place in my add that I used the word Fender. I bought it from a pawn shop a long time ago & that is the way it was. I sorry to cause you so much grief but this is the way it is. As far as my "ignorance" all I can say is just don't buy it.
    t328

I reported it this morning as a forgery and sent him one last message -

Thank you - Enjoy the custom shop designed guitar neck plate

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm surprised he didn't throw "Aw shucks, I dint mean nothin'" into the mix. He's gonna pretend to be unsophisticated and make an emotional appeal to someone who truly does have a substantial mental deficit.

See, ebay is well past overmature at this point. The Idealists and Straight Shooters who once dominated, are all but gone and that leaves a percentage of con men and con women that's disturbingly high. If ebay's management doesn't clean out the corruption soon, someone will come along and demonstrate how it can be done right.

20. Lupo

Lupo Tele-Holic

The problem is:
    He is using "fender" logo and "custom shop" logo on the guitar. He even bough from a seller called "custom shop guitar" a fake "Custom Shop" plate. Than he says in the text is not written fender? If he does not want to fake anybody he has not to put fake plates and he has to point out that that is a "Non fender" product. The "pawn shop" explanation does not change the fraud.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.