CS Nocaster 2014 - question

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Groberts, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

I just have to say, Nocasters (Big U-shaped neck, Nocaster Pu's) Ash/Maple .....KICK! Talk about vintage classic sound that is dimensionally deep and can go a million sonic directions? Ohhhhhh My!!!! :eek:

Kontaktmoi likes this.
  2. LookerBob

LookerBob TDPRI Member

That is one nifty looking guitar.

3. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

so is the one in your Avatar!!

4. LookerBob

LookerBob TDPRI Member

'51 Nocaster. :)

Topically relevant!

5. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

had a feeling it was! Here are a few more pics of this amazing guitar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hotblack

Hotblack TDPRI Member

Hi everyone

I just bought a Fender Custom Shop 1951 Nocaster. Got it shipped from Melbourne from a reputable dealer and noticed exactly the same thing.

It has "telecaster" on the stock.

Has anyone managed to find out why it has this decal when it's supposed to be a Nocaster?

I mean I love this guitar, however am confused why it says this in the stock

I want to know that I've got exactly what I've paid for. The serial number matches the certificate which clearly states 1951 NoCaster Relic

7. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

I reached out to Fender Customer Relations. they sent me a copy of the shop Floor spec sheet along with this reply:

"I have seen this situation before – and it’s pretty silly, but easily explained.

When this guitar was being spec’d out, the original orderer (whether it be a consumer or store) requested our ‘52-’60 Telecaster Decal. Which, as you know and see, simply says “Telecaster” under it.

I have attached the full specification sheet of this Custom Shop so you can see it as well!

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Bryce Wells
    "

8. Drewsome007

Drewsome007 Tele-Meister

It seems pretty unlikely that all of these separate places specifically ordered their nocaster with the '52-'60 decal. Seems like something's up, all they have to do is take scissors and cut off the "telecaster", to make it authentic. Just seems weird to me...

9. Hotblack

Hotblack TDPRI Member

I've put a query in with the dealer who is contacting Fender to suss out the story.

Will let you know the outcome

10. burtwangcaster

burtwangcaster Tele-Holic

That looks like a great Nocaster, Grobert. I have a question on the case. I've noticed the center pocket style case in several pictures of C.S. guitars lately. Haven't seen one in person. Is that a 'Pro Series' case or is Fender shipping Custom Shop guitars in a new style 'high end' G&G case?

11. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

Took the new '51 Nocaster on a gig tonight!

[​IMG]

12. Monkey Man

Monkey Man Tele-Meister

Beautiful Nocaster Groberts!
    Did it by chance come from Rainbow? My fav guitar store, hands down.

13. Groberts

Groberts Tele-Holic

Hi, yes I bought both Tele's at Rainbow Guitars! Great shop! The staff are amazing and the stock they carry is always killer too.

14. Monkey Man

Monkey Man Tele-Meister

I concur.
    Was there about a week ago, fantastic selection and staff. I live in the Phx area but get down to Tucson often for work. I always stop in when I'm in town.
    Love the darkening near the frets on your new Nocaster, nice touch!

15. Hotblack

Hotblack TDPRI Member

I heard back from the dealer.

Basically Fender have admitted to a production mistake by placing a "telecaster" decal on my Nocaster.

They want to have the guitar back to put it through a thorough check and I assume simply putting the correct decal on.

Yet another hassle (when it shipped from Melbourne the neck pickup wasn't working. Ended up being a faulty solder join. Simple fix. This time I have to pack it up to send off to the US for who knows how long), but I'd like to do it. Fortunately it won't cost me anything other than an inconvenience.

Will keep you updated.

16. Hotblack

Hotblack TDPRI Member

It's very weird

But more likely whoever was on decal duty stuffed up. And then whoever was on quality control duty wasn't doing their job properly. Which is weird because their supposed CQ is quite extensive, or so I hear.

17. Joe_Tone

Joe_Tone Tele-Meister

That sounds really strange because yours isn't the only one. Sweetwater currently has one advertised as a 51 nocaster and the picture shows a Telecaster decal. :confused:

18. Hotblack

Hotblack TDPRI Member

That's what I mean - a company with such stringent CQ, making multiple mistakes?? When you think about it I guess it's a relatively simple oversight but still... It's obviously happened to multiple guitars.

19. Tylorthed

Tylorthed TDPRI Member

Hello everyone, I now own nocaster R11949. The telecaster on the headstock isn’t a mistake. The custom shop makes nocaster base guitars with the telecaster logo frequently. In the serial on the body and neck their is a 52 at the end that designates that it is a nocaster base with a tele label. They have done this periodically for years pic is attached. Also, the neck does not have the typical super fat U. It’s big for sure but has more of a taper from 1st to 12th like a 52 style tele. Great sounding, playing/feeling guitar. Sorry for the zombie thread I was looking up stuff on nocasters before I got this guitar and this popped up. Kinda cool. Thanks and happy 4th! 70333EDA-324D-41CF-8024-AA69709F3A54.jpeg 70333EDA-324D-41CF-8024-AA69709F3A54.jpeg

Kontaktmoi likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.