1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cs 69s on the cheap?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by thebrownmule, Jun 5, 2013.

1. thebrownmule

thebrownmule TDPRI Member

Hello guitar gurus-

I'm putting together a home brew strat and was looking into my options as far as pickups. I was looking for a set with specs similar to fenders cs 69s because I love the sound they put out. I was wondering if anyone has experience with a "value" set ;) that would get me close in tone. I was thinking something along the lines of gfs but I have no experience with any of there sets, and was looking for someone with experience to help guide me.

Thanks!!
    Tbm

2. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Check out GFS. I have had good luck with them. Great value for those of us on a budget. Hey, their wire and magnets just like everyone else's are. I think they have a "Jimi" set.

3. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

used set of 69 or a set out of the Classic players 60 they do pop up used from time to time

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I got a set of tele pickups from eBay user klea3031, excellent. His strat sets are $99 so a small savings from the fender pups. Has a Jimi set I believe. Still, can't beat the price of gfs

5. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

6. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

I love the GFS Vintage AlNiCo Stagger pups in my son's Strat. Also hear great things about Wilde Keystones and Microcoils.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.