Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young & Jones

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by omahaaudio, Aug 11, 2019.

1. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

djh22, stinkey, DonM and 11 others like this.
  2. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I'm surprised Neil showed up for that!

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I love the smirks on Crosby and Nash!

4. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Is that "Fuzzy" Samuels. He looks about fifteen!

5. brookdalebill

Dallas Taylor, too!

beach bob, DonM and Greggorios like this.
  6. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

stinkey, DonM, lowatter and 4 others like this.
  7. davo8411

davo8411 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I love this!

8. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Too good! Croz' face is priceless. High and highly amused with the whole situation. Both he and Neil look wacked...and I mean that in the best sense of the word!

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    beach bob, brookdalebill and aerhed like this.
  9. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I think that is Greg Reeves on Bass.

10. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

Why?

11. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

Hilarious!

DonM, Greggorios and 4pickupguy like this.
  12. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

Greg Reeves, I think. I googled images of both and a still shot that looked like it came from this video came up under Reeves.

From Wikipedia - Little is known about Reeves' early life. Even his birthdate is contested; although he may have graduated from Warren Western Reserve High School in Warren, Ohio, in 1968, drummer Dallas Taylor recalled that Reeves had a fake driver's license (procured by Rick James) showing his age to be 19 and was rumored to be as young as 15 in 1969.[1] Reeves has partially corroborated Taylor's account, noting that he was "very young" during his tenure with CSNY.[2]

Reeves recorded and toured with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young from August 1969 to January 1970 and is credited on the cover of their 1970 Déjà Vu album; he appears with the group in the concert documentary Celebration at Big Sur (filmed in September 1969) and in contemporaneous television appearances on This Is Tom Jones and The Music Scene.[6][7][8]

brookdalebill likes this.
  13. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

Neil Young is well known for not showing up at gigs or recording sessions while he was with Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.
    He usually did his parts for Buffalo Springfield without the other band members being there. He apparently would show up when he felt like it, not when the sessions were planned.
    Stills was so angry with him that Young almost didn't get to join CSN. However, management intervened and he was brought in.
    Young views bands like Buffalo Springfield and CSNY as stepping stones for his solo career.
    He probably did the Tom Jones show because he thought it would be a good idea to get his face and name on TV.
    The above isn't my opinion of Young. It is mentioned in several books about the bands that Young was part of and interviews done with various people he's played with.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    DonM, verb boten and sonicsmitty like this.
  14. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Thanks guys for correcting my about who it was on bass, but apparently I may have been about correct guessing his age!

15. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Far Out ! I think Tom's talent holds Dave's thoughts of " why are we doing this" in check. Tom might have been a little older or maybe less hip by some standards, but sounds good to me.

zook and verb boten like this.
  16. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Is he dead or in jail or something ? His bass on CSNYTR really adds alot.

17. brookdalebill

DT was the (great) drummer, and he did indeed pass away a few years ago.

18. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Over the top (ego) performances across the board. Reminded me of Vanilla Fudge (not a good thing) .

Graham Nash once remarked something to the effect of “Neil being with us at a gig is the difference between $60,000 and $600,000...”

And, of course, if someone mentions Tom Jones I’m gonna post this video. Talk about drums and vocals…

19. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

Tom Jones did one song that got my attention: Ressurrection Shuffle. That one made me think "he's ok".
    That tv bit, IMO similar to Aretha backed by the Partridge Family. Matchups....whodathunkit.

20. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Wow. Who knew Stills could hit those notes? (not me) Tom Jones clearly knew that song well. I occasionally used to wonder how much "action" TJ used to get and I "Wiki'd" it.

"Jones was married to Linda (born 1941 as Melinda Rose Trenchard) from 2 March 1957 until her death on 10 April 2016. They stayed married despite his many well-publicized infidelities. The couple had one son, Mark Woodward (born 1957).

Jones has stated that he had sex with up to 250 groupies a year at the height of his fame. His philandering once led Linda to assault him. After reading about one infidelity in a newspaper, she punched and kicked Jones, but he did not fight back; "I took it", he said. Jones had affairs with well-known women, including Mary Wilson of The Supremes, TV host Charlotte Laws and former Miss World Marjorie Wallace. In a 2008 interview with Blender magazine, Cassandra Peterson (better known as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) revealed she lost her virginity to Jones.

One affair resulted in the birth of a son. In October 1987, while on tour in the US, Jones had a brief relationship with model Katherine Berkery, who then discovered she was pregnant. After a legal battle that included DNA testing, a United States court ruled in 1989 that Jones was the boy's father. Jones denied the court's findings, until finally, in 2008, he admitted they were true. He has shown no interest in meeting his son, Jonathan Berkery."

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.