1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cream or Half & Half

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Jan 26, 2021.

1. matman14

matman14 Tele-Meister

No thanks.
    And no thanks to sugar or sweetener.

Just straight up, fresh made coffee from a French press, please.

2. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Black for me. The Missus uses half & half, but I find it ruins the coffee flavour.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I use 2% milk my wife uses 10% cream , the french press is on now!

4. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

I'm a serious coffee weirdo.

Black coffee.
    1 Stevia packet.
    A shake of Coffee Mate sugar-free hazelnut creamer.
    A splash of liquid sugar-free flavored creamers (a wide variety of flavors, whatever is available).

And on the weekend mornings, I'll add a splash of Asbach Uralt German brandy.

If you walk into the room, you would swear that somebody just pulled desert out of the oven.

:oops:

5. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

A scoop of coconut fat for the MCT’s and a bit of half and half (full fat only). Heavy cream is for cooking. It just tries to steal the spotlight in coffee.

6. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

Cream, no sugar for the last 35 years. Before that it was cream & sugar. I will use half and half if I have to.

7. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Black unless I’m cutting carbs. Then it’s my version of Bullet Proof Coffee. A hunk of butter and some coconut oil. Blend it and drink it for breakfast. Actually, when I do this, I don’t feel jittery and my focus is better.

8. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Every other week, I go to a dairy and get two gallons of fresh Jersey milk. I let it sit overnight and skim about a pint of cream off the top--there's twice that much. I use the cream for coffee. The rest I make into yogurt. When the cream is gone, I drink my coffee without, though my wife uses half and half.

This milk is so rich that when I strain the yogurt, I only lose about 20% of the liquid volume as whey.

getbent likes this.
  9. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

Black for ordinary drip coffee or French press. Cappucino usually gets 1% frothed, or if I'm in a hurry, just enough poured in to cool it down quickly.

10. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

Indians often drink tea with milk (and sugar and spices).

Besides, British tea with milk (never cream) is a really tasty way of having tea!

And in any case, though there may be a 'traditional' way without sugar or milk of drinking tea in China (from before the British intruduced it to India btw), that doesn't mean that all other ways aren't 'correct'.

Otherwise, for coffee (a plant which was originally cultivated in the mountains of Ethiopia), we might as well say that every other way of preparing coffee other than the Ethiopian method isn't 'correct'.
    So no espresso, Turkish coffee or cappuccino because they aren't 'correct'.

stevemc likes this.
  11. myteleplaysjazz

myteleplaysjazz Tele-Meister

We used to have milk delivered to our house as well. But it was homogenized, therefore there was no cream to float to the top. If you wanted cream, you could include that with your delivery. Half-n-Half.... I don't think that was a thing back in the day.

12. Ronzo

Ronzo Tele-Holic

Plastic. :)

My coffee preference is black, no sweetener. But I live in the land of Cuban coffee (cue the angel choir!), and due to type 2 diabetes, the normal “Cuban crack” has to be made with a seemingly obscene amount of Splenda for me. But the little thimbles that Cuban coffee is normally served in? Forget that. I order a colada, which is a 6 oz. styrofoam cup. And then buy a second colada. I love that stuff.

Automatic speed control is a requirement when driving home from Calle Ocho (Little Havana) after that. :)

Tea was for when you were sick, in my childhood home. Or a Chinese restaurant. Tea with milk? Sorry. No. Just no.

13. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Afflicted

I am currently on the Keto Diet. I use cream as it has zero carbs, whereas half and half has
    Keto?

14. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Half n half baby! You get both! What's not to like?

15. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Black.
    If you see me putting cream or half and half inb it, it's extraordinarily bitter coffee.

16. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

Half and Half is our new BS guitar jargon. It's not as smooth as "Creamy overdrive", but it is less fattening.

burntfrijoles and Axegrinder77 like this.
  17. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

2% because that’s what I keep at home, but I’ll use cream or H&H if I’m at a coffee shop or restaurant.

When I was little our milk was brought by a horse drawn wagon from the “City Dairy”. This was early to mid-1950s in small town Michigan. My best friend Ernie’s dad was a milkman driving a truck, and when he retired Ernie took over the very successful—though shrinking—route and pretty much ran it into the ground within two years. Turns out it’s tough running a route if you’re waving at your rural customers as you drive back home at dawn to catch some shuteye after partying all night!

Harry Styron and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Back when the world was civilized. We had our milk delivered, also the newspaper everyday. I would douse a little milk in my coffee back then, and read the paper. It was a nice way to start the day. In the warmer months, my wife and I would sit out on the patio at our big house, and enjoy the songbirds and have a second cup of coffee. Then I'd be on my way. I miss that world.

Steerforth likes this.
  19. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

When we moved from the farm to town, we had a milk man. Nice to not have to milk a cow for warm, mucus-y milk when you just want a bowl of cornflakes. When we finally made it to California, the milkman was kind of a hippie. I think he delivered more than milk.

20. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Half and half. No sugar.

Maybe I should switch to cream. Why lay in a hospital bed, covered in tubes and wires for eight months before you croak when you can go like you were struck by lightning?

Yep, half and half for me.

I don’t understand living on rabbit food for years on end, just so you can spend an extra ten years in this magical paradise.

Gimme a thick steak, and make it fatty. When I go, I’m going quick and sudden. And in the meantime, I’m going to enjoy my chow.

stevemc and Toto'sDad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.