1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cream City Music?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Deeve, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Inquiring whether anyone here on the tdpri has purchased or sold items from/to this retailer.

Mindful of the agenda rule, I'll say no more here, and conduct the rest of correspondence via PM.

Peace - Deeve

2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

I have bought many parts from them via Reverb – mostly Fender Pure Vintage and Hipshot. Problem free transactions, and often the best price+shipping you can find online.

Also bought a Jazz Bass from them. Advertised as B stock, shop wear, etc. Price was unbelievable at over 40 percent off retail, for a product that was under eight months old. I contacted them to get details. Good communication from them. I said I'll take it. Bass showed up well packed in a timely fashion, in a condition that I would call "as new minus the pickguard protector." Not sure why they wanted it gone so badly, but I'm glad I found it. The best I can assume is that someone bought it, took it home, peeled that plastic off, and returned it, so they technically had to call it used...and were so disgusted by this that they just wanted it out of their sight.

Fretting out likes this.
  3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

they seem decent, I don't think I've purcuased but I've been tempted by some of their offerings, being partial to local-ish sellers

4. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a strap and maybe something else I can’t remember

If I recall correctly they sent a cookie with my order

No problems

blowtorch likes this.
  5. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

I’ve made small purchases from them, nothing big yet. They gave me a quote for a trade-in on a used guitar that was better than anyone else offered (I ended up holding onto the guitar). Haven’t heard anything negative about them personally, but I do live 30+ miles away so it’s not exactly my local go-to place.

6. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

I bought a Les Paul Standard 60s in Unburst from them. They shipped one that was different than the one pictured in their Reverb listing. I was disappointed because the top of the one they sent me wasn’t as nice and I chose the one in the listing specifically because of the top.

When I complained they apologized and told me that they do not take pictures of every guitar the sell and that the guitar in the listing may not necessarily be the guitar you get. So be aware of that fact if you buy from them.

To their credit they offered to take it back on their dime. I countered with an offer that I would keep the guitar if they would give me a partial refund. They agreed and I kept the guitar. They guitar i got was absolutely brand new and impeccable condition.

blowtorch likes this.
  7. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Went in there once and never went back, I suppose I caught a grade A dick manager on a bad day.

I was there with two fellow musicians, made a road trip from Chicago (cash in pocket) to purchase a Vibro-King. I'd never plugged one in, up until then, mind you. Got there, asked to plug in and put it on "2" or less on the dial. Quiet, I'm not a raucous dude, played some clean little country licks or something to that effect and was quite pleased as my bar isn't that high.

So, I'm chatting with a couple other guys trying stuff out in the shop while my hand is just chording up some melodies and all of the sudden some shaved head angry guy with a look on his face comes out from the back behind a curtain.

"Excuse me!" (as if there was any reason to raise his voice?)

"Me?"

"Are you demoing this for others?"

"I'm demoing it for me, isn't that why it's here?"

"Unless you are demoing the amp I'm going to have to ask you to turn it down or unplug."

"Can you turn it down for me?"

He spends like 30 seconds going from zero to two trying to turn it down, lol, major fail as he realizes there is no turning it down. Then he walks away with a chip on his shoulder.

I told the guys at the counter "Fellas, I guess I'm not buying this amp today" and we walked out, wasted my gas and my time.

Deeve likes this.
  8. wildOGpizza

wildOGpizza TDPRI Member

I bought a used 2008 American Standard Jazz bass from their eBay store. It was a smooth transaction. The photos were good and indicative of the general condition, but the descriptions didn't mention all the non original stuff, like the previous owner put strap locks on it, the pick guard was not original, and there was a tugbar installed. Also the electronics were pretty noisy, and when I took it apart, the pots were mismatched and soldered pretty terribly. I ended up replacing the pots and it is a really great bass now, but I would have thought they would have noticed, if not from taking it apart to see then by how noisy it was. It is a sweet bass, but I think it should have been posted for less all things considered.

Deeve likes this.
  9. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Cream City is a good dealer. I’ve bought a few things from them with no issues. Quick service!
    I’ve also sold two high end guitars to them and received very prompt payment!

10. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah. I’ve shopped there a lot, was just in a couple weeks ago. Often have some cool stuff there.

Prices are kinda high usually, but I’ve heard you can talk them down. Their trade in rates are decent. Better than Guitar Center, not as good as Dave’s (who also tend to have better prices and also have a location in Milwaukee now).

I haven’t had bad experiences at Cream City, but kinda echoing someone’s post earlier, it’s weird, depending on the day and who you interact with they’re either super helpful, nice, and go out of their way for you or kinda indifferent.

11. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I bought a Limited Edition Fender Bassbreaker 007 from them, over the phone. Good price, friendly, fast shipping. I’d buy again in a heartbeat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.