Crazy Strat at Norm's: The 'Aloha' Strat

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I saw this guitar up close the last time I was out there, and it's the nuttiest Strat I've ever seen.

fender-fender-custom-shop-aloha-stratocaster-alumi.jpg

A 'Freddie Tavares Special.' Aluminum finish with an etched top, figured maple neck, green fret markers (jade, maybe?), wild headstock inlays.

A little too much bling for my tastes, but it's pretty stunning. I'd hate to have to keep the fingerprints off of it.

- D

BlueTele

Tele-Meister
I saw this guitar up close the last time I was out there, and it's the nuttiest Strat I've ever seen.

A 'Freddie Tavares Special.' Aluminum finish with an etched top, figured maple neck, green fret markers (jade, maybe?), wild headstock inlays.

A little too much bling for my tastes, but it's pretty stunning. I'd hate to have to keep the fingerprints off of it.

- D
I wonder if they made, or what it would look like as, a "heavy relic" - dents, scratches, dulled, forearm rub? :)

Wildcard_35

Tele-Meister
I dig it. I think it's in homage to tropical-themed dobro's that feature palm trees and hula girls and that sort of thing. I'd have to play the theme from Hawaii Five-O on it before I played anything else.

knopflerfan

Friend of Leo's

- D
Beautiful, quirky Strat. If I had the money, I'd buy it right now. Alas, I'm poor.