Crazy Egnater Deal at Sweetwater right now.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't know I think the price reflects the product.
I had a tweaker and got rid if it because it had no bottom end compared to my other amps.

I will definitely check that out when the head and cab arrive. Thanks for sharing your experience.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
LOL. Not to derail, but the Boss ME-80 is at last year’s price ($280) too. I hate to admit I ordered one, but I missed it before the price increase. A whole new rig (yeah, I had a NGD last week)! Carry on.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I don't know I think the price reflects the product.
I had a tweaker and got rid if it because it had no bottom end compared to my other amps.
I had a Tweaker 15 head and liked it a lot, but it didn’t have a ton of low end. I figured that was just a low powered amp thing, cause none of the low powered amps I’ve owned have ever had decent low end. They all sucked in that way. Well now, I have two of the Tweaker 112X cabs. These cabs have a ton of low end. Just loads of it. So I have a feeling I might have felt differently about that head if I had the proper cab to go with it.

Also- I did not like my Tweaker with 6V6 tubes. Popped in a pair of GT E34L S tubes and found it an entirely different amp. Much more authoritative overall.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
The Tweaker arrived today and I had a few minutes to set it up and tweak on it a bit.

9256CC0B-73B9-46E3-9760-58C260D1CB28.jpeg

First impression is that it has a lot of usable voicings, the eq seems pretty versatile and musical, particularly with the bright and deep switch options. Plenty of low end that’s not overly woofy even with the deep switch on.

So far I’m most impressed with the British voicing out of the gate with little tweaking. The American and AC seem like they need a little more finessing to dial in.

Crazy deal for $500 any way you slice it.

smoothrecluse

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I ordered mine today - Sweetwater said the cabs are back ordered but the new shipment should be in stock around the second week of December.

trandy9850

Tele-Holic
Ad Free Member
I received an email today at work from Boutique Amp Distribution that all Egnater products have reached their “End Of Life” and are permanently discontinued.

That would explain the great deals I suppose.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
I received an email today at work from Boutique Amp Distribution that all Egnater products have reached their “End Of Life” and are permanently discontinued.

That would explain the great deals I suppose.
Interesting. Bruce has had a new company called E3 Audio for a few years now where he does more teaching/seminars on amp building than selling it seems.

Vibroluxer

Friend of Leo's
Thanks yinz guys! I have done an admirable job of down sizing all of my gear. With exception of my amps. I've had no motivation to sell any. It's not because I'm in love with any of them, it's because amps are a pain in the ass to ship. So really and truly I have no need for another, sigh, but then I saw this amp with its 2 6v6 power section and that (!) sold me. It seems to me that most new and affordable amps are EL84 based. Oh ya, the price was a huge factor. Crazy man!!

I order it yesterday and the head has shipped already. The cab will ship as soon as they get to Sweetwater.

Thanks guys. That's both sarcastic and heart felt.

Vibroluxer

Friend of Leo's
We're here to help.

I am enjoying mine. I've found more than a few great sounds...and it takes pedals with ease.

You cracked me up! It's early here and I needed a chuckle. "We're here to help " Indeed!!

Actually I'm looking forward to receiving this set up for another reason: I have a Mayfly BC15 head but no cab for it. So now I do. The BC15 was made in Canada by Trevor May, an electrical engineer. The BC15 is great, it's a 15 watt of an AC30 Top Boost. A wonderful handmade amp.

Anywho...

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks yinz guys! I have done an admirable job of down sizing all of my gear. With exception of my amps. I've had no motivation to sell any. It's not because I'm in love with any of them, it's because amps are a pain in the ass to ship. So really and truly I have no need for another, sigh, but then I saw this amp with its 2 6v6 power section and that (!) sold me. It seems to me that most new and affordable amps are EL84 based. Oh ya, the price was a huge factor. Crazy man!!

I order it yesterday and the head has shipped already. The cab will ship as soon as they get to Sweetwater.

Thanks guys. That's both sarcastic and heart felt.
Glad you snagged one. Looks like the head/cab deal is done now. Only the combo and 40w head deal are left.