Crazy, did I get ripped off?????

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Whatever old duck. It's been a bad experience, but I'll just blow away your dust.

After all, tomorrow is a new day.

2. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I had a good one too. Right there on the bike.

I blew it.

RyCo1983 and 24 track like this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Hey , write it off to a bad day , you are not dead in the water and you covered your bases ,lets hope that you find your bike and get it back, if you talk to the cops again ask them when they have their police auctions ..... they sell off any unclaimed evidence for reaslly cheap , best of wishes to you , and it's really too bad tou had a crap day , lets hope it works out for you!

Wally and Chunkocaster like this.
  4. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

There could be as many as three thieves in this tale, and at least one might know that you snitched to the police.

It's definitely not over. Don't go to sleep.

5. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah well I think the crook took off on your misdemeanor and left you a felony.

Fendereedo, Ducerro, DrPepper and 2 others like this.
  6. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Seriously, is this your primary mode of transportation to work? That jackass. I hope he eats a parked car on it:mad:

By the way! He lives close by you!!!
    He ‘exchanged’ his bike for yours and had to walk back to get it.

I swear it would be worth losing another bike just so you could wire a monster capacitor or taser into the brake levers!!!
    The front brakes that way instead of stopping he gets lit up, locks ‘em up and flipped face first on the pavement!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Then you could look for the idiot with the facial road rash and beat the $h!+ out of him.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

099FDD09-3BC0-475E-BD51-67E1A1556658.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    awasson, DrPepper, DonM and 2 others like this.
  7. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

I _ could _ not _ live _ in _ a _ neighborhood _ like _ this.

I would go insane. I hope there's a special kind of hell waiting for people that behave in this manner. One from which there is no escape.

Ever.

awasson and 4pickupguy like this.
  8. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If you call the cops and have to give up the bike, tell them you're stuck and need to ride, and ask if you can look in their "unclaimed property" room which, for whatever reason, often contains a lot of bikes.

9. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Place an advert advising you have the bike and will deliver if local and the owner offers a new target bike the same as the one that was stolen from you as a reward.

Engrave and paint the next bike you get in a custom finish so you can identify it easily and kneecap the thief riding it if it gets stolen.

nojazzhere and 24 track like this.
  10. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm genuinely trying to make sense of the situation and not entirely sure you're being entirely serious!
    Sounded like a joke about being thrown to the ground and pounded?

I asked how many incidents because there were two and only one was a crime, the theft of your bike.
    The other would have been that you found a bike in your yard, and if the police don't investigate a crime to find out if the found bike was stolen, then the found bike wouldn't go on a list of stolen goods or of crimes on your street.

I've visited my local police pretty often and sometimes even met with a detective to report a drug dealer on my street.
    It can be fairly involved convincing the person answering the phone that you want something from the police, and being told to "post the incident on their incident list" sounds like you got brushed off.

Even now I'm not sure why after I guess you fixed the brakes on the abandoned bike and have been using it, you let it get stolen out of your yard when you knew thieves are stealing bikes out of your yard?

When the bike of mine was stolen and I found it stripped, it was upstairs in my kitchen.

Not trying to be a jerk but why leave a $3000 bike out in the yard if you know there are bike thieves visiting?
    Should I not be a bit confused and half think you're having fun with us?

I did formerly post that it sucks getting your bike stolen...

Twang, awasson and nojazzhere like this.
  11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Too late dude, as we were posting about the bike theft the thief came back and stole the second bike that was out in the yard.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  12. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I would be expecting that to happen. Must be a young stupid thief. A guy from the 60's,70's or 80's would have ghost ridden the second bike home rather than have to go back for it.

I live in a relatively crime free suburb but there's no way I would leave anything of value out front of my house.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    awasson, beagle and telemnemonics like this.
  13. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Your bicycle is stolen. Another magically appears. That’s not Karma. You’re being set up.

Moriarty likes this.
  14. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Isn’t there a presumption the thief left the expensive bike? There’s a tiny chance you stole someone else’s and they took it back without confrontation... Probably because they realised they abandoned it.

Also, the thief may have stashed that bike to steal yours, not “exchanged” it. They’ve nicked one bike... They were always destined to come back and just had the gall to sneak back in to get their’s back.

In the UK, bike theft is common even in low-crime areas where you’d rarely get a burglary and street crime is non existent. If you have a nice small planter out front, you’re best to put a couple of bricks in the bottom. I wouldn’t worry about them coming back too much but you might want to stick a camera on your yard to deter them. That might be all it takes.

Anyway, my point is that this is likely the end of it.

awasson likes this.
  15. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

100 dollar bikes aren't worth a dime anymore.

DrPepper likes this.
  16. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Holic

warning - Reverend Horton uses some naughty wordz - cover yer earz kids

W.L.Weller and bender66 like this.
  17. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you are fortunate enough to get another bike- don’t leave it outside!

18. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

If you report the matter to the police, explain what you've told us, they may say if not reported or a claimed made after a certain period of time it's yours.
    That way your not riding around on somebody else's bike, been honest, and you may get to keep it. Where you live is unclear by your post. If it were Holland it would be a stolen bike, as yours was.
    You could go to a 2nd. hand store and get a good cheap bike as i did. The wheels turn round just the same.

19. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

Dude, he already told us they stole the one that was left in place of the original stolen bike. So he doesn't have either of them anymore. Stop skipping chapters, the library doesn't charge by the hour.

20. Bluey

Bluey Tele-Meister

Were you drunk with some hot chick. Then she rode the wrong bike home somewhere?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.