Craigslist VOX Pathfinder 15R...again

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by studio1087, Jul 18, 2018.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I think that it should be a TDPRI responsibility to save and protect every 15R that shows up on Craigslist. Madison Craigslist. $85 with the tremolo and boost pedal.

Everyone knows what they look like but here it is...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cool seller. He had it plugged into an electric resonator on his porch. We played some slide and told a few stories and I was on my way. I love these amps. This one may go to my son. I have a 15R and a 15 and I bought a 15R chassis from someone on the forum that I turned into a head.

The grill on this one has purple thread. I’ve seen red and green but not purple.

[​IMG]

I wish they made this solid state amp in 50 watt with a 12”. I think this as much as you can have legally for $85.

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

...then I got a Cambridge 15....

catfish62 and studio1087 like this.
  3. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Nice! I need to get me one of these. I have converted 2 of them to AC4s. I see them pop up on local classifieds, but always when I'm saving up for something else.

studio1087 likes this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

That’s a good deal. I sure like mine.

studio1087 likes this.
  5. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

I really regret getting rid of mine. Maybe one of my dumbest moves ever...threads like this are just a sobering reminder.

studio1087 likes this.
  6. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Back in high school I bought one of these amps for 45 at a flea market back in '10 and let a bandmate borrow it and never heard from the guy since. Later I found out that he pawned it

studio1087 likes this.
  7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Well, John, I've done my part. I've got three. If I ever find another locally in good condition for the right price, I'll probably pick that up too. My brother, son and son-in-law are all guitar players, and don't have a PF15R of their own, so finding a home for another one shouldn't be a problem.

K1121 likes this.
  8. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My magic amp price is $40. I've found 3 amps on CL that I'd been wanting for that price, including a 15R.

2-3 weeks ago I missed the head/cabinet version for $157-local pick up. I was busy helping a friend & lost track of time. Felt like a kick to the crotch.

Mine has the purple thread. I've always thought it gave that 3D look to it.

studio1087 likes this.
  9. WineCaster

WineCaster Tele-Holic

This is the only solid state amp that I’ve actually wanted to keep around. Love em!

studio1087 likes this.
  10. JCW1024

JCW1024 Tele-Meister

I saw a picture of the 2x10 version the other day--what a great-looking amp. Also just learned there was a 4x8 version as well. Vox should revive this whole line.

bender66, studio1087 and dustoff like this.
  11. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

I have owned my Pathfinder 15R ( bought used $85) for 5-6 years and never knew when I bought it, how much it would become my main gigging amp!

I play a lot of smaller room R&R/blues/old country band gigs ( I'm the only guitar) and with an OD pedal ON all the time ( I don't use the amp.BOOST, and just roll from clean to dirty with my guitar Volume knob) this amp is perfect!
    I just finished using Danelectro and Pathfinder on 40 stage dates ( live band on stage) in a Patsy Cline showcase play- Played clean ( was mic-ed) cranked Reverb ( as it is real spring, good tone, but not very strong) and used tremolo on all the ballads
    A perfect amp!!

amorica and studio1087 like this.
  12. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Beautiful! The amp is nice too

studio1087 likes this.
  13. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, that is a nice landscape.

studio1087 likes this.
  14. studio1087

Thanks.

I mow about 5 acres weekly. I am like the Forest Gump of mowing. We lease 25 acres to a farmer just down the road. God bless farmers. I enjoy eating. :cool:

This is edging the driveway. That bale is about half finished. They're huge when they get pooped out of the baler. Some of the equipment is bigger than a tank.

[​IMG]

15. studio1087

I had the 4 x 8 mini stack for about 5 years and I sold it when I was saving for a Firebird. Selling the 4 x 8 was one of the dumbest impulse-selling, swapping, horse trading of gear that I've done. Just stupid of me. Sometimes my eyeballs get bigger than my common sense. I wanted a Firebird but it was very dumb letting the Vox go. I should have just saved for a couple more months.

Gone (hangs head in shame)….

[​IMG]

I wish VOX would revive he line. I think that Orange is the only company making a old school (not modeling) solid state amp in the industry. Pregain, bass, treble, tremolo, reverb and master volume! Please make a decent solid state amp that doesn't look like a video game controller. I think that modeling amps can be more like toys for beginners. Just play guitar! Lord I sound old. 54 going on 81.....that's me. :rolleyes:

16. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

studio1087 likes this.
  17. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

As I said before, John, I have three. One is an older Korean made 15R with black grill cloth, the other two are Vietnamese made with brown grill cloth. Here they are (with my Logan Custom teles) in a pic I've posted a number of times to threads on TDPRI.

My Vox Pathfinder 15Rs and my Logan Custom teles.jpg

Here are some pics I just took, showing close ups of the browns and the black, with a focus on their respective grill cloths. I'll let you judge the thread colors for yourself. (In the first pic, the one on the left looks darker, but that's because of the lighting, with the sunlight coming through the window behind me falling on the amp to the right.)

My Vietnamese Brown Vox Pathfinder 15Rs - 1.jpeg My Korean Black Vox Pathfinder 15R.jpeg My Korean Black Vox Pathfinder 15R, close up of grill cloth.jpeg My Vietnamese Brown Vox Pathfinder 15R, close up of grill cloth.jpeg

studio1087 likes this.
  18. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

studio1087 likes this.
  19. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I went to high school way back when you could beat the snot out of someone who did that to you, and not get in trouble for it.

20. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Peavey.. Blazer, Envoy, Bandit.. no trem though.

studio1087 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.