Craigslist/Reverb description that says "don't buy"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thoughtfree, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

Like finger prints, no two cracks are alike. Little cracks around the neck joint don't bother me at all. It's pretty common but it does factor in on the value. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable buying a guitar online that had some cracks. It's something I would want to see in person.

2. maj34

maj34 Tele-Holic

How about:

"Not sure if I'm going to sell it... Just posting to see if there's any interest".

Always comes with a super inflated listing price.

That said, selling is way more frustrating. On Kijiji (think Craigslist for Canadians) the website added a 1-click ability to send "is this still available?". At least they added a 1 click response of "yes it's still available". What a waste of time!

3. mojavedesert

mojavedesert Tele-Meister

"Cracks happened when some old drunk sat on it, and it was hung on the wall."

4. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Frets have been Pleek’d for uniformity along the fingerboard.

Gotta love that pleeking!

5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Doesn't bother me in the least. I've literally seen hundreds of Fender guitars with those cracks, only once was the wood actually cracked.

6. Drew617

Drew617 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

"FOR SELL"

I'm not bothered by "upgrades," at least on something that I don't expect to become collectible, but want to see photos of it, or the wiring. A lot of people have no business at all soldering but are perfectly willing to try anyway.

Also people who expect their $100 in "upgrades" to add $100 to the value value of a stock, unmolested guitar. In the absolute best case it doesn't subtract from the value. I've sold like this at times when I decided that it wasn't worth 45 minutes of my time to undo reversible upgrades on a guitar, and included original parts.

"Call/text only." You chose to participate in a forum on the internet, and your audience is here because that's what was convenient to them. Don't insist on a venue change.

Speakers and tubes are not "amp mods," they're consumables.

Actual amp mods, unless it's being sold to me as a basket case or for salvage/rebuild. Do not trust, will never trust.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.