1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Craig Anderton wiring mod question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by drett, Sep 21, 2011.

1. drett

drett TDPRI Member

Hi all,

I have a quick question about a modification I have in mind to the Craig Anderton 5-way switch scheme as posted here (2nd one down):

http://www.tdpri.com/wiring5wayStrat.htm

I'm wondering if there would be a way that the 4th position (with the tone capacitor) would use the bridge pickup instead of the neck pickup. I actually had it wired this way for a while, which was wrong because the series (5th) position didn't work. But I realized I really like the bridge pickup with the tone capacitor. I don't know enough about these things to know whether such a scheme would require one of those superswitches.

Any help is appreciated.

2. drett

drett TDPRI Member

Probably a stupid question, I guess. Oh well. I'll take the silence to mean the answer to my question is no.

3. 74 Deluxe

74 Deluxe Tele-Meister

There's a zillion wiring schemes out there and it's as easy to get overwhelmed, as it is to get ignored... Cruise through Seymour Duncans website, they have tons of wiring schemes and you'll find one you like... or Google Tele 5 way mod, I used this on one of mine. Gives you, neck, neck & bridge parallel, bridge no tone, bridge w/tone, and neck & bridge in series ( which cranks!) pm me if you can't find it and I'll scan my scheme and send it to ya. good luck!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.