Coworker Decided To Start Bringing Her Dog To Work ???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Dec 4, 2018.

1. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

Pretty much how it went down only I was flapping my arms too!

drf64 likes this.
  2. CoyotesGator

CoyotesGator Tele-Holic

Reptiles?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I went to a gathering not long ago where one of the kids went into their room and came back out with a big fat snake. There were a lot of people there, and they just kind of looked at her and the snake, then went back to talking. I'm convinced a few years ago, I made a wrong turn and now there's a signpost up ahead.

upload_2018-12-4_21-37-4.png

CoyotesGator likes this.
  4. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Apparently,
    Bringing her dog to work has been approved. I guess the genie is out of the bottle.
    LOL

Guess we'll just have to see what happens next.
    :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

A coworker bought a kitten to work. It was cute and energetic. Then it crawled into a hole in the wall and disappeared! It took sometime to locate the kitten and induce it to come back out of the wall. Probably took at least an hour to rescue the kitten but very funny to watch.

esetter likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Only a matter of time until:

[​IMG]

7. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

That's just wrong! :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

I think that's fine, as long as I can bring an emotional support Telecaster to work, too.

9. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's

My wife and I both work from home in separate rooms/offices, so our dogs are always there wherever they want to roam, and I like it that way.
    If it was a corporate office, I'd definitely be open to it with the understanding that any animal involved in any bad behavior - whether the instigator or not - would be banned from coming back. Sorry, but work is what we're paid for and it has to come first.

10. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Holic

I do.

IMG_20181204_155653.jpg

Fendereedo likes this.
  11. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

There everywhere in France-including restaurants. Also, I have a favourite fish place in Bali, and the owner /chef got cranky with me me when I didn't love his Labrador enough to share my meal with him ( the dog, that is).
    I'm like Toto's Dad and my dog was well liked but he was essentially my dog.

12. CalebAaron666

CalebAaron666 Tele-Meister

BFF71BE8-E739-4241-901F-72AA41D29B40.jpeg
    The view from my desk at work.

esetter, telestratosonic and RLee77 like this.
  13. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I worked for a while at a place that had a cat and a dog. It was pretty relaxing working next to them. They didn't fight, but sometimes (rarely) they both wanted to be petted at the same time, which made it harder to work.

brookdalebill likes this.
  14. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

I had a man-eating Llasa Apso. He was an adorable little guy so folks would rush to pet and smother him. He hated it. The little guy growled up a storm and even bit a few people. He would have been an ideal "Trojan horse" type dog at the office, where he'd no doubt get lots of attention and bite everyone who tried to pet him without his approval Yes: he was cute as could be while still being a mean little S.O.B.

Funny thing is that the little guy had a nose for identifying foes. He'd park himself in front of someone and start to growl at them non-stop. It was his way of telling you that the person was bad news. He was right.

15. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

For me, it depends on what "work" is. If it's a factory and the pet is either at risk from machinery / getting run over or poses a threat to safe working of staff, then it shouldn't be there.

If it's an office with adequate space and somewhere to take the dog for a walk at lunchtime - and no threat of injury or damage, it's possibly okay.

I used to visit a broker in the NE of England (he owned the business) and he used to bring his Labrador into the office and it "lived" in the knee-hole under his desk. Lovely dog and the only "issue" was the wet dog smell, occasionally.

16. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

Completely agree.

Not in my space, please

kafka likes this.
  17. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

If it was my company, the dog would have to go. If it's okay for one employee, it has to be okay for all, and you know that the next dog that shows up could be trouble. As it is, it's a distraction for the employee involved.

notmyusualuserid and kafka like this.
  18. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I love dogs. But they don't belong at work, and the don't belong in stores, or at restaurants. They are dogs.

We can't blame the dogs. It's the totally narcissistic people that should be called out- every time.

Ricky D. likes this.
  19. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I don't want to be bothered by your dog when I'm working. I don't bother you when you're working. Please reciprocate.

Ricky D. and notmyusualuserid like this.
  20. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Actually, no it doesn't. I don't get why people feel there always needs to be a universal rule for everything. Things can be handled on a case-by-case basis. It's done all the time. For example, allowing people to work from home. It works for some people, not for others. There is no "Well, if you let one person work from home you have to allow everyone to do that." It depends on the circumstances. Simple.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    CalebAaron666 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.