Coworker Decided To Start Bringing Her Dog To Work ???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Pointmonger

Pointmonger Tele-Holic

A peacock can mess you up.

soulgeezer and FenderGyrl like this.
  2. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

My productivity would go waaaayyy up!

3. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

I always wonder about people like her. Everyone has a cycle of life and if you choose not to get involved with someone because they'll die - how do you deal with people in general? A last I checked, no one makes it out of here alive. Losing a pet is always painful because the bond is just so strong. I believe they're God's angels. Giving an animal in need a home and someone to love them is a gift you give yourself too.

Shuster and watercaster like this.
  4. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

The owner of our company adopted a couple of "Katrina" dogs many years ago and he started bringing them in. At first he had a "baby gate" in his doorway and kept them both in his office. After a few months, the dogs got used to everyone in there and were allowed to roam around the lobby and the executive offices. If he came down to our end of the building, the two dogs followed him. One of them had to be put down last year and was replaced with another. Never had any trouble with them except the one time we had a Halloween costume contest in the front lobby. I walked in dressed as Beaker from the Muppets and they just reared back and started growling and barking at me until he came out and calmed them down.
    There are a few others now who have started bringing in their dogs and they tend to stay around their owners desk and don't make any trouble. They are all larger dogs and it's rare to hear one bark.

Don't know why they'd be afraid of this..... FB_IMG_1509448182677-1.jpeg

Dave W, El Famoso, Mouth and 2 others like this.
  5. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'd love to see the look on your coworker faces when I brought my Motley Crew into your office,, lmao!
    My Mastiff/Dane mix is 145# our Shar-Pei/Chow is 70# and our newest rescue is a 5month old 62 # Rhodesian Ridgeback/Plott Hound mix! Ohhh let the party start,,:confused:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Chunkocaster likes this.
  6. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yum,, taste like chicken!

Crawldaddy and Greggorios like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I doubledamnedguarantee you that turkey ain't house broke!!!!

Crawldaddy and Shuster like this.
  8. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

........if aliens are real.....and had decided to see who on Earth is the intelligent life.......would probably question if they saw a human walking their pet and picking up the doo refuse in a plastic bag to carry around. 'Who's a good boy....who's a good boy!"

9. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

When our Alien Overlords return...we'll make great pets !!!
    :D:p:lol::twisted:

JeffBlue likes this.
  10. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

She's saving lots of money, time, and hassle by not having to drop her dog off at a doggy day care.

11. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Along with quitting Facebook 5 years ago I've never been more productive. Couldn't be happier.

Chatnoir likes this.
  12. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

IMO, it makes perfect sense to handle it on a case-by-case basis. My company allows service animals, which you can't really prohibit if you hire someone who requires that, and I think non-service animals on a special case-by-case basis. They need to be controlled closely and kept in your cube/office.
    I don't see the need to prohibit stuff that doesn't need prohibiting. Not everything needs to have one absolute ruling that applies to everyone. We're capable of making individual decisions.

grooveiron likes this.
  13. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have a longboring good story related to this topic, and it illustrates my position well. . .I was about to type it up when I realized I don't care whether people bring dogs to work or not, nor do I care whether companies allow it.

Toto'sDad and drf64 like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

Well, evabody gotta take a stand sometime.

15. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have a mental image of a giant Beaker meeting up with barking dogs and yammering "me me-me" non stop.

INFANT and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

I'm going to apply for a government grant to secure a service animal to help me get over missing Toto. I want a twelve pound yorkie with floppy ears and a mischievous grin on his face, it would be nice if he answered to the name "Toto."

stevemc, src9000, RLee77 and 2 others like this.
  17. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

Home Depot has a dog tolerant policy. At least the ones in Arizona do. As for Winco, if I were a manager and were told by an underling that it was my job to clean up a mess when I told the underling to do that job because I said so....that underling would no longer have a job. People need to learn to do what they are told. They are subordinates. They shouldnt be insubordinate.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

I personally would have liked to have seen the person who brought the dog into the store clean up the mess! If your dog does the crime...

Newbcaster likes this.
  19. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

oh I don't disagree in the slightest. I've been known to suddenly have a bout of tourette's when I see people do this. of course I apologize to them profusely and do it again a couple of times.... just to be sure that they understand its neither my fault I had to hit them, nor the dog's fault it pooped, but it is the dog parent's fault for not picking it up. :) Bringing dogs to stores and work is a privilege not a right. dont eff it up for everyone

stevemc, Crawldaddy and Toto'sDad like this.
  20. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Meister

Lack of pet policy, staff brings in pet, people start to raise a ruckus. Surprise!

I guess the only next step is to for management to sit down with said employee and hash out an arrangement, especially if it's to do with daycare, emotional support or whatever.

After those issues are hashed out, then figure out a company-wide pet policy. Stuff like this is why policies and guidelines are set up in the first place.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.