Coworker Decided To Start Bringing Her Dog To Work ???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Dec 4, 2018.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

Hot Dog is a sollution :D

2. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have a Great Dane you can borrow.....for a small fee

3. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Afflicted

Big fan of dogs in general here, but it’s hard for me to accept them at work. The open kitchen seems like a bad place for one.

4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

FG house.jpg

FenderGyrl likes this.
  5. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I agree. What's hard to understand is how her owner and plant Manager don't see the obvious.

1-If she can bring her little darlin' then the guy in next cubicle can bring his _______(Insert your choice of animal: aggressive pit bull, neurotic rooster, unsocialized St Bernard, etc .)
    2-The insurance and legal aspects should be just as obvious. As already pointed out it puts co-workers at risk; allergies, bites, hysteria, etc. As already mentioned there are some folks who are just not "dog people" who might feel threatened.

Like so many of you I'm a lifelong dog guy. I'd be the first one to oooww and ahhhh over someones pet. The doggie day care option makes sense. I'm sure she's a lovely woman and means well. It just seems too many folks are overly concerned about what they think they're entitled to rather than how it effects others.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I Love Critters!
    BUT, not at work.
    Danger for critter, danger for two legged critters.
    I worked for 6 years with a sweet black Lab "shop dog".
    I tripped over him dozens of times.
    So did everyone else.
    I play (sub) in a band I love.
    One of the guys has a sweet female Lab mix.
    She comes to every gig.
    The pup hangs out between me and it's owner.
    I have to watch her, and the dancers spinning by, all night.
    Yes, I have tons of mic dents in my (far) less than groovy yap.
    I don't sqwawk, BUT ......
    Why why why?
    I have cats.
    I love dogs.
    NOT AT WORK!!!!!!

DrPepper and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Only on TDPRI could I use this particular play on words twice in about a year:

Peacock blocked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a dog once that I took literally everywhere I went, climate permitting. To friends' homes, to work (after hours and sometimes during), into stores where he wasn't prohibited. He was quiet, obedient, friendly, and I could almost guarantee that if I walked him prior to our trips inside anywhere, he was good for several hours. He used to stay in the house for up to ten hours while I was at work, with nary an incident.

He never went anywhere he wasn't invited, and although he was a large black dog much like I have now, he was not a friendly-looking and slightly goofy-looking lovable Lab; he was a Belgian Shepherd (Groenendael) and to a few uninformed folks, he did look like the Dog in the John Wayne movie "Big Jake". That's where the resemblance ended. He was just as lovable as Flash is now.

Flash, the black Lab, has a ways to go to be as well behaved as Rascal was, but he's working diligently on it. I bought a bunch of books on dog obedience training--but he won't read them! :D

All that said, you need to be a responsible dog parent and pretty dang sure of what he/she will do, before you go taking one to work, especially uninvited. Common sense plays a big part, as it does in most anything.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    soulgeezer and FenderGyrl like this.
  8. kplamann

kplamann Tele-Holic

jhundt, sorry, no.

In the European countries I know, and I know a couple of those quite well, people don't bring dogs "everywhere". And, yes, most of us would mind if this were the case.

tintag27 and notmyusualuserid like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Mouth, SacDAve and AAT65 like this.
  10. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

It's good to be da King/Boss.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You may not be right all of the time, but you're still the boss all of the time.

12. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Of course a dog should not be allowed in most work environments, HOWEVER...

I knew a guy in college in the early 1990s that was a hippie/Deadhead sort of guy, and he got a black Lab puppy, and took that dog with him everywhere for years, with no leash. They were best friends. The dog went to class with him. The dog went to swim practice with him. Everywhere. When he went to an establishment where the dog was not allowed, he just left the dog in the bed of his truck.

Now... this is obviously not recommended way to own a dog.

BUT, the result was the that dog, the black Lab, was the most well acclimated, well adjusted, calm and friendly dog that I have ever known. Meeting and hanging out him was like hanging out with a human. He always stayed within a few feet of his owner, without a leash, and when they were on campus together the dog would just stay by his side, even in the hallways and classrooms. No one at the time ever seemed to have a problem with the dog.

13. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

My friend works in SF and she has brought the dogs home on the ferry to watch them for the weekend.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Depends on the animal, but I have worked many places including music stores, studios, and auto shops where there was a dog present..usualy a big guy and almost always the property of the owner. Most were great and it helps to take the edge off, of course it's not a book store w/o a cat. I may need to return to working for "da man" after the first of the year, I think i will limit my self to places that have a beast or two..

AAT65 likes this.
  15. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

No kittens or puppies for yiu then!

16. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

I would totally do something like this if I could.

FenderGyrl likes this.
  17. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's another one of those things that make me shake my head and wonder. It used to be that people had a pretty good idea of how to behave themselves. Leaving your dog at home when you went to work was a given.

notmyusualuserid and E5RSY like this.
  18. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

I love dogs but a dog at work seems to be a lawsuit in the making. Some people don't like and don't understand dogs. My bro in law had someone visit. Woman screamed because she was "being attacked " by his dog. His year old Border Collie with a ball in his mouth who wanted to play. Yeah, there are people like that around. (no he hasn't spoken to the woman since. Who would want to?)

Toto'sDad and FenderGyrl like this.
  19. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

No matter how it plays, don’t drop your drawers

Toto'sDad and FenderGyrl like this.
  20. watercaster

watercaster Tele-Meister

I absolutely love dogs. I had a Maltese for 11 years and had to put her down due to a terminal illness. I was devastated. My wife also was heartbroken so much so that she doesn't want another because she knows the next one will die also. To me this is ridiculous and I will get a dog for me when I retire in six months. I work in a small family company (150 employees) and anyone can bring in their dogs as long as they are quiet and well behaved. They just make my day seeing and petting them. One even belongs to the owner of the company and I dog sit her at my home when they are away. The more the merrier.

Chatnoir and FenderGyrl like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.