Coworker Decided To Start Bringing Her Dog To Work ???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Dec 4, 2018.

1. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

My company doesn't have a bring your pet to work policy. The dog is a little sweetheart. She sleeps in the gals lower desk drawer. People are flipping out. Plant Manager seems to be unsure of how to react . It's actually kind of funny to watch how this is going to unfold.

2. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

I like having animals around but it's a whole different thing at work, especially when there's the potential for people with allergies to be exposed to the dander. For as much as I personally wouldn't mind it I think it's a bad idea.

Nubs, stinkey, Ricky D. and 6 others like this.
  3. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

Two things that don't belong at the office - pets and children, especially babies.

uriah1, kafka, LPTyler and 6 others like this.
  4. luckett

luckett Banned

Seems like a good way to move yourself further up the "Who to fire first" list.

5. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

That's why I work from home!

Honestly though, it wouldn't bother me at all as long as it was a cool pet. I love animals.

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

I love dogs. But what she is doing is extremely presumptuous and smacks of an entitlement mindset. On the flipside, the fact that your employer doesn't have a stated policy, either for or against pets, is somewhat of an oversight that could probably stand to be corrected.

Scott

7. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  8. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

Imho, it's a no no, work is work, pets have no place there, no matter how hidden or unheard the pet is.

I get that she might not leave it alone, all of that should have been taken in account when she got the puppy in the first place, it might be OK for a short period in an extreme case.

I might sound grumpy to some, i'm not .. but there are these things that i really can't stand, people nowadays do not respect their work enough in some cases i think it's disrespectful.

If your company has a pet policy .. you have too much money to waste on stuff in that company imho

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You need a pet policy and a doggie daycare in the building as a perk. Dogs can hang out with other dogs, play and run.

10. Johnkir64

Johnkir64 TDPRI Member

Look at the positive! You can now pass gas with impunity. Just blame it on the dog.

8barlouie, faulp, Teddyjack and 15 others like this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

She should get a little t-shirt made for it with the companies logo on it. That could end up making it just about impossible to fire her once all the customers get attached to the dog. ;)

Shuster and FenderGyrl like this.
  12. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

I love animals, but depending on the size of the workplace, having one is just an invitation to chaos - because hey, how about my pets? My armadillo is very passive, my javelina is very jovial and my wolverine, he's, uh, very, uh, independent, but furry and such, right?

Because if one worker gets to do it, why not everyone else...who wants to draw up those rules?
    Amadillo 3.jpg

javelina.jpg

wolverine.jpg

13. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

Uh, the last I heard, it was the company's "RULES" that everybody had to follow, not the perceived RULES of the employees.

Wildcard_35 and AAT65 like this.
  14. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

Sounds like a job opportunity. I'd love to be the Corporate Director of Doggy Day Care. I'd keep them all walked and amused and loved up and send them home tired out.

ZackyDog and teletimetx like this.
  15. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

True, you might even get away with pooping in the corner of the room if you had a light dinner the night before.:)

JeffBlue, Mouth, Shuster and 5 others like this.
  16. luckett

luckett Banned

Or take a dump in the conference room.

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I loved my little dog Toto, but I understood perfectly, that he was my dog to be enjoyed by me. Many people liked Toto, and he was always popular wherever he went, but I never forced him on anyone. He met people while we were out walking or when they came to our house. I never took him to a store, or any other public establishment of the kind. It's always been my credo, that it's easier all around to refrain from doing something, than forcing it on others.

My son and I went to Home Depot the other day where a guy had a breed of dog in tow known to be untrustworthy, in fact I've been bitten by one almost exactly like it "that had never even offered to bite anyone." (but me) The bite was severe enough I had to go to an emergency room for treatment. I am quite uncomfortable in the presence of a similar animal. I can't believe the man would have been unable to shop without the dog, since he appeared quite fit. My son detests dogs in public places, he says he doesn't want to eat with a dog, and he owns a dog that he is fond of, but doesn't set a place at the dinner table for.

It seems to be one of those things people do "because they can." I lived a good portion of my life without ever encountering a dog in a restaurant or grocery store. I find it very distressing that people bring animals to such places now. It seems once again, we are faced with the scenario where the very few bully the many.

8barlouie, stinkey, Ricky D. and 11 others like this.
  18. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

when I worked at the fruit company, my favorite all time HR memo was: Hey gang, it is totally fine to bring animal friends and of course your family is always welcome, but, we have lots of folks who are fearful of some of the reptiles, so, snakes and big lizards are going to need to stay home. Also, we know many of you prefer not to wear shoes, but, please wear them when going across campus and definitely in the cafe.

I don't really care one way or the other... my dogs have a friggin job so they can't take the day off and come to my work, they have their own to do... but, when someone brings kids or their dogs, all good with me! we have one rule, the work gets done. If the work is getting done.. it is all fun.

stevemc, Shuster, Pointmonger and 4 others like this.
  19. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't need a dog to enable that! Plus, I can control the security camera!

20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife and I went to Winco the other day, and it was comical because someone had summoned someone from the store to clean up after a dog who had left his/her mark on the floor. Two department managers were trying to explain to a clerk how it was clearly his duty to clean up after the dog. The clerk was heard to remark that he thought it more fitting that the group who had allowed the dog into the store should be the ones to clean the offending odiferous object from the floor. Just on logic alone I agreed with him..

PS:

I am editing this to reflect that it does at least answer the question of who is responsible for the offending materials that make their way onto the floor of the establishment they visit, clearly not the one who brought the offender.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.