1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cover of "Back Where I Come From" (by M. McAnally / K. Chesney)

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by AgaveBlueCaster, Feb 28, 2021.

1. AgaveBlueCaster

AgaveBlueCaster TDPRI Member

I haven't posted for a long time, but over the years have been been steadily working on my guitar playing and singing skills. Recently I made this cover that I'm quite happy with and played all the instruments (except the drums..). I don't actually listen to that much country music, but this Mac McAnally song has been floating in my head for a long time (ever since I heard Kenny Chesney's cover).

Recording info:
    - Taylor GS Mini acoustic guitar recorded with AT2010 condenser mic (two tracks panned)
    - Fender Mustang electric guitar though Waves GTR amp sim (during chorus, two tracks panned)
    - Fender Mustang bass through Waves GTR amp sim
    - Casio CT-X3000 keyboard ("fiddle" sound, two tracks playing slightly different riffs; not exact to original)
    - Drums programmed with EZ Drummer
    - Vocal recorded with AT2010 condenser mic (doubled during chorus)
    - Everything recorded into Reaper via Onyx BlackJack 2x2 USB interface, Waves plugins

swervinbob, howardlo and T Prior like this.
  2. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for posting !

3. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Holic

You got a really good clean sound recorded sound going on. Good job! I guess you like short scale stuff eh?

Some day I may have to try one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.